Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wonderboy 575 finally made the trip home

onebadfish

Well finally got her home. She is rough but I see potential. Not running, reported by po to starve for gas but fires so I will start with the carb. PO decided he would paint it..ughhh..hung some nice curtains on it XX(

quote:
Originally posted by bud119195
Not bad I would have paid that,Looks to be complete and very restorable.
I agree, I ended up giving him $125 so didnt get hurt too bad if I can make it run without a rebuild.

I'm fooling with one right now.Starves for gas?The fuel bowl strainer,I don't like the new replacements with plastic so will replace it with a petcock. The copper line was stuck solid in the middle so new hose and filter. This is an aluminum block with cast iron sleeve. Unless the air filter is tightened down the infernal thing leaks fuel from the air cleaner rod at the bottom. The front tires are indeed not original,and you may notice a lot of slop unless there is a steel/rubber spacer between the wheel and the spindle flange(mine has one,the other side has too much clearance). Looks all there, good luck!I'm hoping to fix my fuel starve problem tomorrow and drive it around a little.

Tim Looks like you have alot of fun in your future. They are really fun to mow with, but stay away from low hanging branches. The reason they stopped with the stick steer was because if you run into a branch it pushes the stick back towards you and you can't stop. Another interesting point....notice there are no brakes. To stop, you need to apply pressure to the forward/reverse lever in the same direction as you are going. In other words, if it is going forward and you want to stop, push the lever into forward farther. This forces the gear teeth to have no clearance and it stops you. Not the way I would have done it, but it does work. Good luck!!! Steve