Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Smokin' Landlord

JordB110

i have a 1999 Landlord 18HP 50'' cut. When mowing it will smoke. If the deck is engaged at idle then suddenly moved wide open it will smoke very bad. Also with Hydro all the way open then suddenly moved to full throttle it will smoke very bad. It is a black smoke(fuel burning) not blue(oil burning). It only has 120 hours and less than 5 hours on oil/filter change. When I changed the oil I also cleaned the air filter with the air compressor. At the same time I checked the choke and it seems to be working fine. Is this normal or am I missing something? Thanks, Jordan.

Hi Jordon, Sounds normall to me as it takes alot of gas to get the engine up to speed or when it is subjected to heavy load real quick. Its just the heavy dose of gas being burned and blown out the exhaust. Also it appears you are doing everything write keeping the air filter clean and the oil and filter to boot. Now if it were blue then I would say yes you have something to really worry about. Best to you, >>->happyjack<-<<