Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Terra Tiger restoration

Simpleton7016

Gonna spend the winter restoring these Terra Tigers (and throwing snow hopefully!). I found that the guys over at 6x6 world are nearly as friendly and helpful as y'all. I am too lazy to post all the information twice, so below is the link which I will update with progress pics. [url]http://www.6x6world.com/forums/other-aatvs/9312-terra-tiger-restoration-thread.html[/url]
[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/ThreeTerraTigers003.jpg[/img]

• 7 months later...
It has been pretty much "Terra Tigers" all the time in my world right now (well, after the kids of course). Been downsizing some of the "fleet" and purging items that I have been "saving for a rainy day"....mainly b/c of the need for space. This is the latest progress....just waiting for new axels from my machinist now, then reassembly can begin with all new and clean guts that have all been electrolysis'd and painted over the last six months of cold weather. PS, this is not my handy work....the work was bartered for a running Terra Tiger.
[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/1438Tigerresized.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/1438Tiger2resized.jpg[/img]

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Finally got one in the drink! Had to start over when scorned wife decided that she wanted the other ones up above. Too bad b/c I had the shells done and ready to put together. She can have them. :) But I did find this near all original runner and just needed a good going through. Snapped a shearpin awfully quickly, but fun as hell!
[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/terratiger1.JPG[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/terratiger2.JPG[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/terratiger3.JPG[/img]

Looks like your copilot is taking care of business whilst you play. Glad to see you bach in terra tiger restoration Erik!

Cool looking pictures of you two having a blast. Great to see your getting back into the life with the toys. Dan

I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE, IWANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

From a little trip alomst three years ago.;) http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=108766&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=duluth