Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B10 Puller

bluecap24

Here are some pics of my latest project. I pulled 3 weeks ago and got 20th out of 30, but I had the wrong belt and pulley combination. Planning on pulling tomorrow if the weather holds out. Its a Kohler 14 horse. I pull in the 900lb class locally. A lot of custom parts to make all this work. Including custom driveshaft, hitch, wheelie bars, and weight bars. These aren't my pulling tires, but I have them on my Plowing tractor from last weekend.

Thanks for looking, Jim

Hey guys thanks for the comments. Actually it has a custom stainless straight pipe exhaust. The nelson looking thing is a K&N filter modified to fit the kohler carb. The trans is out of a shuttle tractor so I have 4 forward gears. I have the pulleys sized to get about 5.5 mph out of 4th gear. I pulled around 218' in my first pull. I believe the boat was at around 7000 lbs for that particular track. Unfortunately the rain canceled the pull today so I didn't get to try again.

Finally got to pull again yesterday. I drew first pull so I had the option to take the pull or drop and it is a 2 hook club so I got to make three runs. Ended up getting 7th out of 10. Wasn't great but it was my first time pulling on asphalt. Since all I basically did was take the motor out of a stock tractor and add a muffler and breather wasn't too bad. Planning on making the "legal" stock mods for next year. This will include a custom ground 18hp cam, milling the head, and some carb adjustments. Everyone else used "S tread" 10.50 lawn tires and I was using an old set of 23 deg 8.50 firestones pumped way up. Well the season is over for all three local clubs so now I have all winter to be competitive for next year. Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Darl Swartz
    • a_sannine
    • Snojetter
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts