Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cab Defroster/Heater

toad270

Has anyone ever thoght of using one of these for a cab Defroster/Heater. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RV-Motorhome-Camper-12-Volt-Hair-Dryer-and-Defroster_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQhashZitem2ea5d9d2c6QQitemZ200351011526QQptZMotorsQ5fRVQ5fTrailerQ5fCamperQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_892

A friend of mine bought the one at harbor freight the other day and it works well. But who knows for how long. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=96144

i thought about getting a heater. but my cab has so many holes and leaks it does'nt fog up. i think useing the plat-X cleaner/wax on the windows may have helped. my cab is pretty much just a wind breaker.

This will be the 17th year for my cab and I've never had a problem with it fogging up. and you will be surprised at how warm it is just breaking the wind. If it's real cold and windy it will get a little breezy from the bottom but the units you are talking about probably wouldn't be any help with that any way. But, my cab is on a Sunstar and may be a little larger than some others. That may make some difference.

To show my ignorance....wouldn't those run right off the battery? If so would you still have to be concerned about the electrical system and extra amps?