Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ardisam

Deutz Allis 1916

ardisam
I have a friend who to repower his Deutz Allis. It currently has the Kohler M16 in it. Is there a way it can be change to a twin cylinder kohler or a honda? Or does it have to stay a sigle cylinder? Ryan-WI Allis Chalmers 916 Allis Chalmers 917 Deutz Allis 1920 Simplicity 7114s

pungo
Simplicity728, thanks for that link!I made it a favorite so I can go back and study a little more. Ardisam,I can't specifically answer your question,but.. My guess would be yes,with the proper research concerning shaft size,placement in relation to cooling/clearance,and a willingness to see the job to completion. A lot of this stuff,even with OEM,can be trial and error. It would be good to know if a Member has done this before with success.

PeppyDan
I have never swapped a twin into a tractor that originally had a single. What I did was go from the opposed twin(Magnum 20) to a V-twin (25hp Command). Here are the links to what I did. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=100495 http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=100693 If you need a different mounting plate for the opposed twin, I have the one I removed from the tractor. I hope the information helps! Dan

ardisam
Thanks Dan, the info was very helpful, and gave me a better idea of what I can do. Ryan-WI Allis Chalmers 916 Allis Chalmers 917 Deutz Allis 1920 Simplicity 7114s

Simplicity_728
that guy put a 16 hp vangaurd in my grandpa's john deere 210 in 1995 and its still mowing grass and blowing snow to this day = Good Engine