Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2012 hydro lift questions, guesses???

sbull78

as you all have read i now have a hydro lift on the 2012. it raised and lowered the deck fine, however i decided to put on the 46in snow/dirt blade and it raised it all the way up at first the went right to the ground and wouldn't raise it up more than an inch or 2 after that or not at all....i think i have the resivoir about 3/4 full with 10-30 oil like it says and don't appear to be leaking anywhere...Any guessses, help, or suggestions!!!!thanks

I had the same problem with my HB-212 when I first put the blade on. The relief valve was by-passing oil due to wear. I chucked the plunger stem in my Dremel and cleaned the worn area with some fine emery paper. I also had to put a thin shim under the spring.

well i adjusted the float position and when i start it up and go to lift it up it will lift the blade up and i can hold it in place only if it i lock in the handle behind the lift tab...it will hold it but only at 3/4 to full throttle if i throttle i down it will sink down to the ground...i unhooked the lift rod on the plow and tried to move the lift up and down and the arm on the other side moved and held just fine with any pressure on it so i guess that is where i stand...the guy i bought it from said it worked fine and seemed very honest...it will lift my deck not ploblem so i don't think the 46inch blade is too heavy but not sure....oh yeah if i lift it up and return handle to middle in the hold position, it will not hold...i do not see any leaks anywhere...any other ideas to check????

Had the same problem before .It was a bad o-ring in the lift cyl. Also I find that the adjustment on the float is critical for proper speed and movement of lift cyl.the lever dose not have to move as much as you would think