Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I Saw a Tractor Shed--Rainbow Roofed

MPH

Not sure what I was smoking at work last year and early summer this year, but just couldn't see this going to the landfill.

Guess I didn't take any pics of last years loads, likely because they were 200 plus mile runs after work. Did 3 days worth of clearing

Then hauled the brush to the burn pit with the 4040

Spend 200 bucks on this guy

Digging these out plus the top dirt down to rock

then spend another 400 bucks for gravel to build this pad. So much for my "free' shed.

Got several good hours on the 4040 using my York rake to get rid of most of the big rock

Rounded up any and all treated wood blocks I've dtug home over the years for footing pads.

Serveral hours on the LL with the grader blade

Mostly pulling dirt off 'Gubber Mt" to backfill next to the pad as it was 8-9 inches tall.

One week later, here's where I'm at

Is the new shed close to the house ? I'm thinking that it is not. And will be storage for tractors that you do not use with snow on the ground.

That will be a great shed. While the pad cost something, it would have whatever you put on top and it looks like at least 25 x 50. Finished, I would guess it will be worth about $15,000 to have built, probably more in Alaska. Almost big enough for tractor square dances on cold winter nights.

MPH, What is the material you are using for the shed?Looks like it will make a really strong shed.I feel so at home here,this club packed full of Fred Sanford's(as my wife used to call me.)

Your real close one direction Peter, shed is 48x10. My desire is to ONLY be able to park tractors one deep. Tired of moving one to get to the next one even when they are running. Located about 175 feet from the house.Mainly this will be for all the non-runner but hopefully someday they will be back in it as runners. with nothing but tractors side buy side should be able to get 14-15 in it, with 2-3 feet behind for storage of tractor 'stuff'. The material is well used concrete forms built out of 3/4 form ply and 2x4's. Choice at the end of the job was my yard or the landfill. Treated blocks came home off a state wayside outhouse job about 20 years ago. Also had to chainsaw flat a few pieces of telephone/power poll to make up what I was short;.

Great work as usual Marty, me thinks your ticker is ticking strong. Keep up the good work, I'd like to see the outside of the forms. jh

If not for the front end loader those pictures look like they could have been taken 30 years ago. And I like it! Nothing like free building materials. Maybe I should take some pictures of my lean-to I added to the back of the shed, that cost me 15.00.

Here's a view of the front, shed now ready for rafters.

Tried to take a pic of the plywood on the back side but the camera batty died so I zoomed in on the front

Took a pic of the Cat zoom boom forklift I rented to set the door headers but the camera was on vidio and so far I haven't recalled how to download that and get a still shot, I've done it.

Looks big enough to add a few Studebakers OO, will the outside of the plywood be the exterior of the shed? or will you add siding? jh

marty you're as resourceful as anyone i've known. i try to recycle as much as i can but wow, 20 yrs keeping? that is planning ahead! good looking shed. eager to see the final product.

Now I see why I missed the size. I thought you were just half done and were going to mirror the shed with a slope the other way. Much easier access with doors across the whole front. A tractor motel.

bud, those aren't panels left there

there temporay stairs we had to get up and over the utilidor after we had the walls poured. some of it was skirting from one of the office trailers. These were turned into 2x4's for screwing the tin down to. Good use for them as I had no need to take all the little cleats off.

Tin ready

Even put a 16 inch gable end overhangsm01

Actually got about 1/3 of the tin on before it got dark. Think some of keeping my work area clean is just habbit from job site living. some of it is also because my yard could turn white for the next 5 month any night. Most likel;y just gonna paint the plywood with some bear stain oppes from home depo when I score it cheap. Not sure what I'm doing for doors yet, these panels are too heavy to make bi-folds out of. I do have 2 roll up shop doors out in the woods but they are only 10 foot wide. Wasn't thinking of using them because of the 6 foot back wall but if I cut them down to 7 foot ht they MIGHT be useable. Most likely gonna get blue tarps naile up for this winter. Tractor hotel Yea, I like that.

Wow Marty, you sure do work fast and hard. Do you have a construction crew hidden just out of the pics that we do not seesm06. Keep up the great work! Dan