Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Jack's Small Engine

Simplicity85

Hey Guy's I have thought about ordering some part's for my old LL I wanted to get some T Bolt's (156309) for 1.59 Then they Have Ammeters to Ignition switches Now the million dollar question do they make every thing like the originals? Thanks

I just ordered a gas guage for my B212, and it was a spitting image of the original. They are really good on turning an order around. The only complaint I have is that the shipping rates are based on how much you spend. The box I got from UPS weighed 1/2 pound, but I was still charged $8. Kinda crummy that a $1 and a $30 item have the same shipping regardless of weight for them. Would recommend though.

I would be careful you just might get a cap screw like the description said.I think I would call and ask if its a T bolt. nick

The original "tee handle assembly" has been NLA since before the early 1980's. Sometimes the NLA parts come up on the site but they don't really have them and will be canceled from your order when its processed.

I just went on powerportal and looked up the # it crossed to which is 1925205SM. It is a common 5/16 hex head bolt, marked up about 300 percent over what they sell for at a harware store. I would also suggest that for ammeters, check your local NAPA auto parts store, they might be able to order you one that looks pretty close to original. The originals were made by Stewart Warner guage which was bought out by another company ( I think autometer). I was in a Napa last year that had some sort of "heritage" or "classic" line of Stewart warner gauages. Price was about $25. The ones from briggs will be generic, as will the key sets, it would likely be an indak switch instead of the old "briggs and stratton" switch.

They are great to deal with. I like being able to plug Simplicity# in and seeing availability and pricing instantly. Their prices always seem to be slightly lower than dealers. I try to order enough at once to get full advantage of their shipping.