Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Simplicity314

3212 parts for a 7016

Simplicity314
I am dismantling my 3212 parts tractor that I was going to try to get running--it's beyond hope. I was wondering if the solid lift rod off the 3212 would work on the 7016 instead of the cable, and, are the bevel gear boxes the same on those two machines? They have different part numbers per my manuals but they look the same. Thanks in advance.

ReedS
Jim, The 3212 and the 7016 are two different animals, and I maybe wrong but the the parts you mentioned aren't interchangable because the 7016 uses a cone clutch on the left side of the bgb for pto control instead of the belt and pulleys on the 3212 so therefor the shafts are machined differently. The lift systems are vastly different as well, the 7016 uses the cable and an idler pulley to achieve the lift action at the rear lift point and the arm configuration on the rock shaft is set up differently than 3212. Of course if you want to cut, weld and machine parts to fit anything is possible!:p

Simplicity314
Thanks Reed...didn't even take notice of the shafts and pulley setups. I was looking at the housings in the manuals. :I I was really hoping the lift rod would work out since they seem stronger than the cable.