Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Leaf Vaacuum Rigs---

LesH

Leaf time is here... What style of leaf vaacuum rigs does everybody use?? I mean like-- factory made trailers/ holders on the back of the tractor/ using the tractor engine or seperate engine for vaacuum/ any special deck blades/ brand names etc....??? Photos would be great!!!

Here is my mojoby I just finished. But I am selling it :P No boot or hose to hook it up plus my wife wants me to still blow all the leaves into a pile first so the kids can play in them :P

Hello Les, I have a 50 cubic foot capacity 8HP self powered trailer vac by PECO. http://www.lawnvac.com/Unit%20Finder/Flyer/50%20Trailer%20Vac/50%20TRAILER%20VAC.pdf Not cheap, but man does it suck. I have 20ft of 6" clear poly hose that I use for roving. My kids swingset is on 3/4" gravel and this thing works wonders for sucking up acorns and such.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I have two of those, their half the size, daughters.... get your minds out of the gutter.... I would like a leaf collector for a left discharge mower.

I don't have a picture of mine, but it is a PECO tractor mounted vacuum. It is belt driven from the tractor BGB and has a canvas bag collector mounted on the rear of the tractor. I have been thinking about eventually changing it over to a trailer collector, so that it will hold a lot more and not need to be emptied so often.

quote:
Originally posted by mendon-chalmers
I will trade VASSAL his system for my gator blades system.
Bring it over, we'll talk!! It's true, the upkeep can be a little much at times and it's the only tool in the shed that talks back occasionally. Thank goodness for duct tape!! :DJUST:D :DKIDDING:D EDIT by Vassal for spelling and to maintain margin for PG13 rating:o)

I used to use timflury's method, but the collectors got unreliable as they aged and finally quit working. I suspect Vassal's collector will follow the same path, but will probably take much longer. The latest collector:

It does a great job; before:

After:

While digging through my building 'stuff' stach getting out metal roofing pieces I came across some plastic soffit material I had to take to get the tin that is on my leanto roof. Thought about you guys making vents on your wagons, think it would work good, full of small holes, pieces snap together and I think it be fairly durable. Sure wouldn't rot.