Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
PeppyDan

Taking the weight

PeppyDan
Here is just a couple of pics of my Sunstar loader hard at work with a load on the forks!

That is the remains a of burnt Sunstar that I bought a couple of months back. It's truly amazing just how much this thing can lift. I know that I am lifting much more than what it was probably designed for but if it lifts it, I will use it, and if something breaks then I will know the weak spot and fix it! Thanks for looking! Dan

comet66
Sure working well, and looking good while doing it! I wish mine had self leveling. With fluid and weights, the rear tires on mine weigh 195 lbs. each. I leave the tiller on it (250# or so) as well. It is not uncommon for me to try a lift that lifts the rear off the ground. Very tuff tractors!!!

PeppyDan
I have found out that the tilt cylinders need more power as I can't get tilt long before I can't get lift. I have the same situation as you do Commet66, I can lift the back off the ground but it is nearing the end of the lift capacity when that happens. Dan

PeppyDan
I have been find more uses for the crispy remains since I recently added the Deutz Allis 1918 to my users. It will be donating the dual brake pedals and hardware along with the two speed transmission. It has already donated the lift control handle, rims, front axle components and many other items. These remains may just set around here longer than I first planned just in case I find something else to use from it!:D Dan

Sign in to follow this