Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tmerideth

Sunstar/Ultima rear lift

tmerideth
Does anyone have a Sunstar or Ultima fitted with rear lift, either one point or three point, that could post photos? Also, what pto (2000 rpm or engine speed pto) is used for the tiller attachment? Any help greatly appreciated.

PeppyDan
Her are a few pics for you! I have a complete setup, if you are interested in buying it PM me for details.

Please note that the lift shown here is centered. I use it for the older attachment such as cultivators but I also have the correct off center lift that you would need for the tiller!

comet66
The tiller that fits the "Simplicity Lift Group", pictured above requires the engine speed PTO. The 3-point tiller needs the 2000 rpm PTO.

tmerideth
Thanks John. I was not aware that there were 2 different tillers for the Sunstar series. Do you have a 3 point hitch on either of your Sunstars?

comet66
I had a 3-point for awhile. But when I was unable to locate a 2000 RPM PTO I sold it back to Ambler, who sold it to me in the first place. Now I just stick with stuff that uses the simp. lift or a sleeve hitch. It's much easier to find attachments this way.

tmerideth
Marty, there is a shaft extension that comes with the engine speed PTO for the rear. The final shaft extends out much closer to the rear of the tractor.

comet66
quote:
Originally posted by tmerideth
Marty, there is a shaft extension that comes with the engine speed PTO for the rear. The final shaft extends out much closer to the rear of the tractor.
And the 2000 RPM unit has the gearbox adding to its length.

Sign in to follow this