Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
acken

Cart

acken

I finished my cart, this is the one I was looking for decal information. If you look on this site, and in the original sales literature: they show decals on the side and back. I know the frame was not black originally, but I like it this way.

steve-wis
Looks good to me! Never saw a picture of that cart so can't help with decals. Maybe if you have pics you can have them made. I think it looks right nice just the way it is! Steve

Chris727
I think the literature is incorrect. I don't think any "production" carts had decals. A lot of the photos in the literature were doctored and reused from one year to the next, could have just been a prototype cart.

CleanBee
I know of 2 Allis carts with original decals, were bought new having them. Both carts had different decals on them. One had 2 smaller decals only on the side, the other had larger decals on both the sides and the gate - very similar to a photo I saw in literature here. I have also seen a few of the carts with no decals, including mine. My conclusion to this is that the decals were possibly dealer installed and the type may have been dependant on date or supply. Dan

acken

I didn't realize I had shrunk the photo so much. Hope this is better. That is my 36V electric tractor hooked to the front. I had a lot of fun with that tractor at the shows this summer. So far it has been working well, I did add rear wheel weights (it is a bit front heavy).

sammiefish
BLT, that is interesting... The photo shows a pivoting tailgate... mine is not able to do that. It is however, removable. and again, no decals... hmmm...

CleanBee
All of these tailgates pivot. Lift only enough for the bottom pins to release, the top ones will stay in and pivot. Yes Bob, that's what the side decals looked like. The gate on the one I saw had a large rectangular decal on the gate not the triangular one. Dan