Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
4xbill

AC Delco Starter Generator differences

4xbill
Anyone know the difference between a 1101689 and a 1101980 AC Delco S/G. The both rotate CW and put out 15A. I need to replace the 1101689 and I have a 1101980.

BLT
The end opposite the pulley end on the 1101689 has a bronze bushing and longer armature shaft. The 1101980 has a ball bearing and shorter armature shaft. This according to my parts list, and go with 1101980.

JimH
quote:
Originally posted by Learning
Can one still get parts for the 1101980? Brushes & bearings? Thanks.
Mike, my local rebuilder is able to still get parts for them. He put the heavy duty end caps w/ball bearings and new armature shaft on mine last fall and made it basicly the 1101980,(I think) like BLT mentioned. My re-builder said their is a kit to do this. The other thing he did was replace my pulley because it was worn. He used a slightly larger dia. pulley. (spins the motor faster to help with starting) Let us know how you make out?

DeltaBravo
Anyone have a part number and manufacturer or source for the terminal studs? Other than the ebay source? Are the terminal studs the same as auto S/Gs?

BLT
On 1101689, both "A" term and "F" term are DR P/N 1858749 and on 1101980, "A" Term P/N changes to 1939891. Brushes (1946427) and ball bearings are still available.