Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

BIGGER TIRES

crankyyankee

Im getting some new rear tires for my Allis B110 they have 23 x 8.5 x 12 turf tires now. I want to put 23 x 10.5 x 12 AG lug tires. Will they fit rims? Is a bigger tire available for these rims. I saw 24 x 9 x 12 ATV meaty tires on a Kabota at the fair, looked nice. IM sick of puting on chains and i like the BIG LUG look. I was laughing my but off at the fair today when i saw what i thought was a kids playground. I was with a couple of little ones and they wanted to join the 20 something kids. Then to my suprise it was a Kubota tractor display about five tractors. I was laughing and i think the Kubota reps were too. One of those , had to be there.

The 23 x 10.5 x 12 AG lug tire will fit the rim. I have burnt alot of the 23 x 10.5 x 12 and 23 x 8.5 x 12 tires off the rims and the rims are the same width.

Crank... Boring day at work today, so I did some looking around. I found these and I think that they fit you need/want, and the price is reasonable for 2. http://cgi.ebay.com/23X10-50-12-23X1050-12-LUG-TIRES-TRACTOR-TRENCHER-PAIR_W0QQitemZ310159896860QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4836f8711c

Ordering the rears on ebay, thanks, the fronts i had a pair of 4.80x 8 lugs I put on tonight while installing snowblower and cab. I hope the front lugs help for better turning. I noticed some guys reverse the direction of the lugs anyone know why? I put them onlike my big 4x4 tractor arrow facing front..

I've seen some Carlisle AG tires marked on their sidewall for directional use - or should it be bi-directional?? The sidewalls were marked for application - arrows forward for drive tires opposite for rolling tires.

an old farmer said to face arrow foward keeps from dirt and mudd building up on tires. Maybe It was the rear driving tires. I did drive into some mudd tonight to test and she did good.That one Ready for snow. Just got to put the loader on my other B110.

A friend of mine uses Carlisle X Trac's. Work very nicely in snow and dirt. No skidding . I bought a pair from Small eng warehouse for one of my machines. Nice deep lugs. Haven't driven it in any weather conditions yet.

The "V" for an AG tire used on the front should point rearward when looking at the top of the tire. The reason is that as you are driving the soil, mud, snow, etc. will be coming at the steering tires from the front and the tire is tending to not turn. To make the tires self-clean, the "V" must be pointing toward the loaded contact between the traction surface and the tire which is the front on a steering tire. This is toward the front at ground contact or toward the rear on top so that if the tire is not turning well it will push the soil or mud out of the tire tread. The opposite is true for a rear traction tire where it is the tire that is turning into the drive surface in that case the "V" must point to the rear at the ground contact to move the dirt, mud, etc. to the side and out of the tread as the tire spins. It all has to do with the primary load contact point of the tire and producing a force in the correct direction to cause the tire to self-clean. My EF1D loader/backhoe is set up like this from the factory, since all four tires are AG tires and it is 2WD. If the vehicle were 4WD then all the tire "Vs" should point to the front when viewed from the top. I hope this is understandable.

Ok guys i brought a tractor home tonight with new 26 x 12 x 12 AG tires. They came on a junk motor simplicity 716. I just put them on my B110 w/ loader. Fit just right. I measured the rim and its the same 8.5x12 rim used on all of these. I scored it came with wheel spacers and got the 16 x 6.8 x 8 new AG tires on the 716. Will see if those go on the B110 when it gets light out. The front AG tires were facing arrow to the rear. Im waiting for the 23 x 10.5 x 12 tires to come from ebay.. Looking at my B110 now i dont think you can go any bigger. Will post pics soon.

Used for steering I'd mount them like you did but used for pulling on a 4WD they need to be mounted the same as the rear tires if you want them to pull anything.