Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AC_B-1Novice

wants me to buy this 5215 hydro here is the link

AC_B-1Novice
Tires are good, don't leak. Engine runs good no smoke. No tampering anywhere. Paint is good. Steering is tight. 42 inch cut. My question: Is this type tractor worth $225.00? I have no idea. Is it just a mower or capable of more? larry

Cvans
I would say the price is favorable. I had the 62XX series and really liked the tractor. So does the guys wife that owns it now. I think your 52XX is very similar. At that price and it would already be on my trailer. Your milage may very tho, Chris

sbull78
i had a 5216 and it was a good machine...it ran a 48inch deck and a 42inch snowblower no problem...it was a hydro and was capable of snow removal with no issues at all...i did like the 6000 series a little better because of the limited slip and bigger tires, etc..225 is a great price if everything works good on it with no issues...

Cvans
Chris727 you are correct. the 6200 series was considered by simplicity to be a small frame garden tractor. I believe the 5200 series is listed as a lawn tractor. The reason I said simailar is because most if not all of the attachments will interchange if my memory serves my right. Chris

AC_B-1Novice
I guess I got to the posts too late. I passed on it. Here is the link if anyone is interested and close enough to maple heights Ohio. http://cleveland.craigslist.org/grd/1414516507.html

Simplicity314
His ad is pretty funny...he thinks he WILL get between six and $800 for that? Well, he better fix the exhaust first--I think he's breathing in too many fumes. And he better think about adding some pics that aren't taken from 200 feet away.

Burntime
Yep, he rolled a fatty and someone let him on the internet... Sometimes you can't fix stupid. A guy by me was trying to sell a 4 year old leaf vacuum, new it was 800, he is asking 900 cause the price went up due to metal in the last two years. I chuckle when I see it...

goatfarmer
Nice pictures! I love C/L ads, with NO pictures, or with pictures so bad, they might as well have NO pictures. Like a washer, that they say is a Maytag, but the pic shows a Whirlpool, with a load of laundry sitting on top.....

MPH
Reason he couildn't get a better pic is the tractor belongs to the guy next door, thus the faraway shot. he plans on stealling it to deliver if he sells it.:D:D:D

AC_B-1Novice
As sad as it is Martin you might have hit the nail on the head. Who knows these days. My brothers Cub was stolen right out of his yard this summer and the S D said they would never find it and had too many other cases already. :O