Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Paint - pics added!

steve-wis

I have been using Rustoleum Farm Equipment Allis chalmers orange on all of the painting I have been doing up to now. The snowblower I bought for my simplicity 616 yeoman was pretty well surface rusted in the chute, so i had it sandblasted and repainted both pcs. I used rustoleum rusty metal primer, but everyone on here has been recommending duplicolor for the Simplicity red-orange, so I bought two cans. I can only say WOW! goes on easier, smoother, covers better, dries faster, looks great! I love it compared to the rustoleum. The rustoleum goes on thick and heavy no matter how you try to go light with it, and takes forever to dry and harden. Does duplicolor have something to match Allis orange too? Steve Here are pics of the chute I painted. The white is rustoleum Canvas White, the red is duplicolor 1607. Will do the rest of the blower and maybe the tractor next year. All the paint on tractor and rest of blower is original for comparison.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Gary, Didn't get any pics yet but will try to get s few tomorrow. Only painted the chute on the blower but will give you an idea of what the paint looks like. Steve

Nice color matching, Steve. I'm going to paint the hood and rear fender on my Serf this coming spring. Two cans?? rattle cans I'm assuming. I'll use a spray gun when I paint mine. I've had the gun for years and never took it out of the box. It's still an old school pressure pot type, but perfect for tractor painting. I agree, the Rust-Oleum takes FOREVER to dry and cure, but it's really durable to scratching, chips and dings.