Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
OrangeMetalGuy

Rear utility light

OrangeMetalGuy
WalMart sells a utility light 12V that looks like it'll bolt right onto the seat pan... I need a rear-facing light for the winter. It draws 55 watts.. about 4.5 amps. That should be ok to add to my 716, as a similar lamp was a factory option, correct? Don't want to overload the charging system.

RayS
12 volts X 15 amps = 180 watts. You should be fine. Does your stator or generator puts out 15 amps? multiple your volts by your amps that your stator or generator produces and that will give you the amount of watts you can use. Atleast that is what I remember.

Burntime
If he is using the old starter generator I thought those were 3 amp systems. The newer stuff was 3 or 15. I could be wrong but for some reason that is sticking in my head. With 15 amps he is fine...with 3, better make sure you shut it off on the way back to the garage:D I run a rear work light, headlights, light on cab, and an electric spout rotator... I always shut most of it off on the way back to the garage...so far it has not failed me...and I have the 15 amp system.