Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Buickgsman

Throttle cables and control housing for Landlord

Buickgsman
Can anyone tell me if new or repro control housing(visible from the dashboard) and also the cables for the choke and throttle. Are they available from any aftermarket or oem sources? This would be for a Landlord 101 Thanks Bob

Chris727
I have not been able to locate the control housing, it was only sold as a complete assembly with the cables through Simplicity and is now NLA. They were made by Western Control. The cables can be replaced with generic cables (you can pry the tabs open carefully and remove the cable assembly, and install a new cable, you will have to buy a generic and cut it to the length needed.

MrSteele
If you are not very careful with the prying open of the tabs, you will break them off. The cable housing can be "unscrewed' sometimes from inside the tabs, and a new housing "screwed" into place. The wire has to be cut before attempting the removal, if it is stuck somewhere along the length, but, the tabs are safe using this method. If you do break the tabs, adding a 1/4-20 nut and flat washer on either side of the tabs will hold the cable in place. I'd recommend greasing the new control cable inside, and an occasional soaking with a good penetrant to extend the life of the cables.

UCD
quote:
Originally posted by Bull_79
I know this is an older thread but I am having trouble holding the cables to the levers,what size nuts go over these cables like on the carb ends?
He stated he was having trouble holding the cables to the levers. There are no nuts that hold the cable to the levers. The cable is attached to the levers with a Z bend The choke cable housing is held to the carb with a cable clamp attached to one of the carb machine bolts. The throttle cable housing is attached to the motor and govenor linkage.