Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rsnik

This 'aint TBT, you idiot...

rsnik
Yes, I know this isn't TractorByNet. So, you are welcome to move this to the outhouse. A while back I bought a 2006 Bobcat B250. It was a warm, sunny day and we were still working on the brick walkway and today all I needed was the truck and the Bobcat and took pictures. Sooo....

All the water sheds to this spot so I had to make it dump the water in the street and the storm drain. 20 bags of 80 pound sackcrete. If the Norwegians are giving a Nobel prize for Good Wife this pic should sew it up:

We had constant rain this summer. I have 2 foot furrows between the hills so I can "weed" with my 20" rear tine tiller. Not in the mud. Weeds got three feet tall. Need a sickle mower or have at it with the Echo weed wacker. I just backbladed with the Bobcat bucket with the 6" teeth on it. It smashed and shredded the weeds:

I had a bunch of mason's tools out while finishing the end of the walk and the bucket makes a good tool box:

I need to till up and reseed the lawn. Curl the Bobcat bucket down and the 6" teeth work as a cultivator in forward or reverse. They till the soil as deep as a tiller. However, you rip up a 60" wide area at the same speed as mowing the lawn. It takes multiple passes to fully incorporate the soil. It is still real quick. I will use the mid mount cultivator on the 7013 to smooth out the soil before seeding.

As you see in the pics it is four wheel steer. It has a 66.5" wheelbase and it's turning radius is not much more than it's wheelbase. It has a good (5340 breakout/3153 dipper) 11 foot slide backhoe. The pivot of the hoe slides side to side about 4 feet which enables digging up against a wall and stows the hoe flat against the back of the machine greatly shortening swing and overall length. Loader is 2350 rated with 4250 breakout. 31.5 HP Kubota D1105 Turbo. Auxiliary hydraulics to front and rear with 3rd valve controls power any front/rear Bobcat compatible implements.

B-16_IC
Looks like the new toy and your wife make one unstoppable team! Treat them both well!:D I'd say the wife deserves a steak dinner after all that work.;)

rsnik
Oh yeah, new tractor, so great. Then today a big leak of the worst kind, from under the seat. How do you spell relief? I put my hand with a vinyl glove on it under the leak and smelled it: it was diesel fuel. Swweeeeiiiuuuu! Easy, cheap fix.

In this pic the fuel hose that ruptured from the filter to the pump has the pump on the right side and the filter is on the left with some writing on it from it's last replacement:

Cape Bearing sold me the correct replacement hose and told me not to worry about bleeding air out if the engine stopped with the pump not dry. Sure enough, installed the hose and it fired right up. Total cost $4.80. Satisfaction: priceless.

HubbardRA
This looks very much like the Earthforce EF6 which is 4wd. Bobcat bought them out several years ago. I guess they are marketing the machines under the Bobcat name now. Here is a picture of my EF1D 2wd. Look specifically at the rear fender and oil tank, roll cage, and grille shell. They are the same. I see the FEL arms and the backhoe are designed differently, than on mine. I have only seen one picture of an EF6 before and really don't know how the FEL and backhoe were designed on it. Anyway, they have very distinct similarities.
[img]/club2/attach/HubbardRA/EF1front.JPG[/img]

rsnik
Hi Marty, You know the drill. A tractor has some farming capabilities and PTO's. A machine is construction equipment. A Cat 416 is not a tractor, it is a machine. I was talking to a man who has been selling machines for 20 years who said construction died in late 2007 and has never come back and that used machines will soon be selling for pennies on the dollar, since there is no use for them any more. He said rental machines are a best bet as an avalanche of rental machines will eventually hit the market with no buyers. I did my homework and decided I wanted this machine. It was originally designed in the Czech Republic and called the Superstav. I think it was based on military rolling stock given the monster truck size of the drive train. It was sold as Earthforce in the US for a while before Bobcat bought them out. They added the BMW overlay of super-deluxe everything. The backhoe and loader controls don't jerk and slap. They are smooth with a wide range of modulation. You can swing the hoe while booming out and lifting the dipstick and uncurling the bucket in one, smooth, motion if you have the skill to modulate the controls. You have auxiliary hydraulics and 3rd valve controls to mount any X-Change compatible implement on the hoe. This would be things like a thumb, grapple, clam shell bucket, auger, plate compactor, jack hammer, hammer drill etc. The loader has the universal Bob-Tach quick connect plus aux hyd to mount an endless number of implements like sweeper or V-plow etc. So I wanted this one. I searched for a long time. I bought this one from Dennis Rawling, one of the owners and the general manager of Valley Implement Sales in Harrisonburg VA. You can reach him at 540-434-9961 or dennis@valleyimp.com. I watch old time TV and did the James Rockford, Rockford Files thing by calling the other dealership and asking who owns/manages the dealership that has the tractor I want and asking for, in this case, Dennis Rawling. I liked him. I like dealing with the owner. He can make a decision and make things happen. Beyond that he is a killer tractor guy, plus a good and trustworthy man. Getting a good deal didn't hurt either. We had numerous conversations and finally settled on $13.5K as the number including shipping the tractor to the nearest Bobcat dealer. Bear in mind the machine was on a truck with a bunch of other stuff; dealers can move machines to other dealers for short money, for one thing it's not a dead head haul. It's some homework and a lot of fishing but you can land a backhoe/loader machine now for very short money with some effort or luck (I would vastly prefer to get lucky than search endlessly). Tomorrow it's back to brushing polymeric sand into the brick walkway. Last day before the weather changes. Fixing the leak was a cheap and incredibly lucky end to the day today. But we lost a day. Someday, I swear, I will have a day free to figure out how to get that Makissic chipper up to you.

HubbardRA
Jonathan, Yours looks like it has more usability than mine, especially with 4wd and 4ws and the other upgrades you mentioned above. I seriously doubt that you got yours as cheaply as I did, but I bet you enjoy using it just as much. I use mine for everything, pulling an engine, loading a cast iron bathtub on a pickup, moving trailers around with a ball mounted on the bucket, loading a Mustang without steering onto a trailer, and many others.

rsnik
Rod, EF1D means you have an Earth Force 1 diesel. You should have a manufacturers plate somewhere that states that this machine was assembled by Superstav in the Czech Republic. This machine became the Bobcat B100:

As a B100 it had the same 31.5 HP Kubota diesel as my tractor does. Since you own a pre Bobcat model I am very interested; what engine does your tractor have? I bet it is the same engine. I don't think they made any changes other than adding a bunch of hydraulics and the universal quick change for attachments and implements on the loader and hoe. I have a variety of manufacturer plates on this machine, one of which says it is a Superstav E3. It is also identical to an Ingersol Rand BL275, other than the Ingersol grey paint job. At the end of the day I am completely satisfied with the machine. It is very powerful for it's size. It appears to be very well made. They say it was intentionally designed to be repaired with "off the shelf" parts. Incidentally, if you need major parts, you tractor is now a Bobcat B100 so parts are available

HubbardRA
According to the picture you posted, the FEL is the same, but the backhoe is definitely different. I have a 3 cyl Kubota diesel but I think it is only 25 Hp. It could use a little more power. I have killed the engine with the backhoe while digging, especially when you hang the bucket on something that won't move.

rsnik
Rod, That 25 HP Kubota engine in your machine is the finest kind. I rented a Terramite T7 for 8 days that had the same engine. It had crazy hours on it. I called the rental place at some point because I was putting a lot of hours on and I check the oil as part of pre start up and it was not burning oil. They said, nope, takes about 40-50 hours to burn some oil with that 25 HP Kubota. I know a man, Paul, who has 40 years experience as a heavy equipment operator for Mathis, the local, big dog excavation company. He has that engine in an older (90's) Kubota tractor. He says he has changed the oil and the oil and air filters on the engine since he bought it new and nothing more in terms of engine maintenance. The B100 and the B250 have a 31.5 HP Kubota engine, but I think it is the 25 HP with a small turbo on it to puff it up to 31.5 HP. I am not complaining as I have not run into not-enough power issues yet. The throttle stop is set at 3000 rpm at WOT. You have to run it at WOT to run the backhoe or you can't boom out, swing right, dipstick up and curl the bucket out at the same time because the pump can't handle all those demands at the same time. It has a 11.7 GPM pump. However, if you are not using the hoe you can run at much lower RPM's and the fuel consumption is very low. The fuel consumption is so low I end up using the Bobcat all the time instead of the 7013S or the Sovereign 18. I stick the loader and bucket into the garage and throw the bags of concrete, polysand and tools into it and use the bucket as a wheelbarrow to haul off weeds from the garden. The fuel consumption is so small it is practically zero. With the 7013S and the Sovereign 18 I am constantly filling them up or going to buy more gas. But, of course, you are not going to mow the lawn with an FEL or a backhoe.

plastikosmd
killed the engine on digging with the hoe? what rpm are you running it at while digging? Are you running it too slow? I run mine at about 2000/2200 (there is a little dig icon on my rpm gauge at that number.) I would flip the machine before it would stall. I have about 33 hp...but also bigger machine. The only problem with with running it at that speed..the hydraulics are very touchy.

HubbardRA
Mine is 25 Hp and does not have a tach. I was running at WOT, but maybe it was not set correctly. Guess I need to verify it with the vibratach. I have the EF1D not the Bobcat version. I killed the engine digging out a tree stump. When I fouled the bucket and was trying multiple movements to break the stump loose, I killed it. I have never had a problem when just digging with the bucket, or when using the FEL.

plastikosmd
I would guess wot would be close...i think wot on mine is 2500 or so...in thinking..i may have this wrong now..the pto icon may be at 2500..and wot 2700...ponder.. Anyway, you should be close then and you are probably doin it right! My wife thinks i should stop digging holes in the lawn...what does she know..

Sign in to follow this