Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Caution!! May Cause Severe Drewling!

mwells

After 1500 miles of driving in two days, and six hours of labor to install it, and get the tractor running, well read on. The big ten has been sitting in my shed for a while with the engine unhooked for about five years. So I dug it out and got it all preped for the installation of the implement. I knew the engine ran good but was really weak on compression, and smoked alot when I parked it. But I figured will see if it won't run again just for a little bit longer until it gets restored! The generator and bracket where off of it, the condenser was gone, and a couple other pieces where missing. So I went over to my shed and found enough spare pieces off other engines that I put on it. Even though I didn't know if they were any good or not. Then after making a front pump bracket and running all the hoses and getting everything installed I stuck a battery in the tractor and to my surprise it turned over, and it even had spark! So I put some gas in it and tried to start it, but no fire. So I took the fuel line off, and no fuel. So pulled the tank out took the shut off out, cleaned it up and stuck it all back in the tractor. Goes to show it doesn't take long for gas to get gummy! So I tried it again and to my surprise it fired up but would only have way idle. So I messed with the carb settings, but it didn't really help. Then checked the point gap and reajusted and it started to idle like normal. Then reset the carb and she runs great but still smokes like a train! LOL Then for the big test! After the attachment had been sitting in the guys shed for 40 plus years under a tarp, we will see if it will still work............

Yep I guess so!8D

As you can see in the pictures the paint is hardly worn on it, I don't think it has been used much as the forks still have paint on them, and the pump is really strong! It will pick the front end of the tractor right off the ground even with all the weights on it! Now just to fix the oil leak on the front by the pump and adust the float in the carb, it should be good to go for a while.

Hmmm, that explains why you haven't opened the box I sent your way! Very nice! And yes I'm drooling a little. Rare, rare, rare for those of you who don't know. Have to go to work now......

[img]http://whtractor.15.forumer.com/html/emoticons/whtractor/jawdrop.gif[/img]
[img]http://whtractor.15.forumer.com/html/emoticons/whtractor/omg.gif[/img]
WOW! what a sweet attachment.
[img]http://whtractor.15.forumer.com/html/emoticons/whtractor/drool1.gif[/img]

[url]http://simplythebest.net/sounds/WAV/sound_effects_WAV/sound_effect_WAV_files/boing_1.wav[/url] Is that the one that was on e-bay a month ago or so? I love the feeling of excitement when driving to get something you covet....like taking your wife to the hospital when she is in labor. I'll bet the drive home felt even longer as you couldn't wait to try 'er out! Sweet though....just sweet. And the best part is that you have a shop where you can put 'er to use. I want one, but would only be able to give my kids rides up and down.:)

quote:
How do you manage to have such a large, relatively empty shop building?
I think he opts for a few expensive toys as opposed to those of us with sheds/garages filled to the rafters with junk! :D

quote:
Originally posted by Simpleton7016
quote:
How do you manage to have such a large, relatively empty shop building?
I think he opts for a few expensive toys as opposed to those of us with sheds/garages filled to the rafters with junk! :D
Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats probably the Wells Implement Dealer repair shop? Very nice looking facility. Wondering what the large yellow post is for? Some kind of hoist?

Thanks for all the coments! The shop is where I work, I wish it was mine. You haven't sen pictures of my barn, I have the rafter proble too! Lol Were an Agco dealer, combines are are number one priority right now. We had 6 combines in it today all at one time! The yellow tube is a 3 ton air powered hoist. It comes in really handy when you have to pull rotors or concaves out of combines! Matt, I already have the manuel for it but thanks! The guy I bought it from said it belonged to his father, and he recently pasted away. He was an allis lawn and garden dealer for 50 plus years. He didn't even know his dad had the forklift. The main mast, underframe and forks were all laying under a tarp in the corner of his shop for 40 plus years! He found the pump and valve and weights in a couple of other biuldings, so its amazing he even found it all!! He is a very nice man to work with!!! Best experience I have ever had when dealing with this addiction! lol