Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Today's haul

grnlark

Even though I love Simplicity's I also have a love affair for Panzers. Today I made the 8 hour round trip to go look at a CoPar Panzer T102. Much to my suprise, it was not only in better shape than I expected, but it turns out it is one of only a few that were originally produced in College Park Maryland (thus the name CoPar) before Panzer moved operations to Pennsylvania (later models were then named Pennsylvania Panzers). It is all original and runs and drives mint. The fact that it is a College Park tractor is just icing on the cake as far as value.

Great find! That's a strange looking critter though, almost looks like it should be shooting golf balls out of the frame tubes.

That looks like small tank. Can you imagine a loose boot string or piece of clothing around those moving parts

Nice find Matt. I like those, plus I also like the Bantam garden tractor. No comparison to the panzer, but nice. What kind of price range are the panzers, in the condition like yours?

quote:
Originally posted by JimH
Nice find Matt. I like those, plus I also like the Bantam garden tractor. No comparison to the panzer, but nice. What kind of price range are the panzers, in the condition like yours?
Hi Jim, The T102 like mine (3 wheeler) and the T205 (4 wheeler of the same size) average right around $800-1000 in original running condition. If you're lucky enough to find one that was manufactured in the College Park Maryland plant, the value could escalate upwards of $1500-3000. I grabbed this one for $600, not knowing on my ride up there if it could possibly be a College Park machine. Odds were that it was not. But as you can image, I was jumping for joy and about to burst out of my skin when I got there and saw that it had all the correct markings. I very quietly paid for it, rolled it on the trailer and hammered down out of there. :D