Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rpickle

Mont Ward

perry
ya thats made by gilson. they are a VERY heavy tractor. it looks as if thats a hydro lift. there should be a pump under the seat. its the same pump they used on wheel horse's, cubs, and others in the 1960's. the pump is worth some good $. and there is alot of other good parts worth $$$ there or you could allways resell the tractor to help fund your simplicity addiction:D. and the 14hp engine could allways be transplated to a simplicity ;). if the price is right i would buy it.

SimpleTom
Definately a Gilson made Montgomery Wards tractor. One thing about the engine though. The oil pan is part of the frame so if you were thinking of buying it for the engine to transplant you would need to use the pan from the engine you were pulling from the transplantee. Tom

goatfarmer
Gilson's are heavy built tractors. They were over-engineered in their own way. Parts are iffy these days, but if the price was right, I wouldn't turn one down.

steve-wis
I had a Monkey Wards made by Gilson. Very good tractor, tough as nails, and I liked their pto set up. Mine was a 16 hp single and I loved it. That one might be fun to play with. Steve

rpickle
I think he is asking $150, but I think he would take less. The mower deck looks a bit rotted out. Are there attachements out there for it? Would be a good snow tractor given its weight? Appreciate the feedback. f anyone else is interested, it is in Ashland, Ohio and listed on Mansfields CL. Rick

Chris727
There are a good number of these tractors around, I've had 2 that I bought just to rob the engines. The tiller attachments are relatively common, or at least I've had two of them and had known of others, though availablity may vary geographically. Snow throwers also show up every now and then.