Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
RandySm

Engine ID ?

RandySm
I recently removed an engine from an old Simp/AC garden tractor. This old tractor has both orange and yellow parts on it and I can find no visible numbers anywhere. I have an old 64 landlord and this tractor looks a lot like it but does not have the round hood. The engine has a sticker on it saying Briggs built to AC specs but almost nothing else. I am in the process on salvaging it out, but not sure what it is. I don't want to throw away any good parts that might be needed in the future tho... I have never uploaded a picture here before. but I just may have to try and figure it out if there is no other way. Thanks guys Randy

Vassal
Randy, you need to be a club member to upload images or links to images etc. Without pictures, it would be difficult to help you with your question. Please do yourself a favor and join the club, the answers to this and many other questions are well worth the $10.00sm06

RandySm
I am a member and have been off and on for a long time. This post shows I am logged on, or at least I think I am. Does it not look correct from your end? Randy

Chris727
Randy, you need to be a "club member" to post pics, you appear to be a "registered user" instead. If the original shroud is on the engine, there will be numbers on it just below where the carb sits, they may be hard to see due to rust, you might need to clean it up with a little sandpaper.

RandySm
Well foo on me... All this time I thought I was a club member, but I guess my membership had ran out. I will try and be more attentive in the future. Randy