Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7100 single pulley blower mounting bracket

lsk

HI Everyone, I have a blower I want to attach to a 7119, but it has the bracket for a tractor with front pto (2 pullies) & I want to run off the mid pto. Does anyone know or can measeure a bracket to tell me where the pulley should be mounted on a single pulley bracket. I sure would appreciate any help. Thanks

I run mine that way. Standing in front of the tractor its on the right side. I can try to get some pics if you need them.

Just put mine on today. Ready for ol'man winter....

Thanks for the reply. What I need is the measurements of where the pulley is mounted on the blower attaching bracket, so I can modify mine 2 pulley bracket to a single like you are running. Thanks allot, Lance

I just need to know where the tab that holds the pulley is located & where the hole for the pulley is, cause the bracket is the same. Thanks Lance

I saw the 1", so what your saying is it is an 1" closer or further away to the right or left looking at it, & 1" further or closer front to back with a 4 1/2" pulley?

Not all snowthrowers are alike. The pulley has an inch or so varience...I have probably seen 15 plus this summer. If its yours to keep, hook it all up and then mark it with a sharpie and place it where you need it. I actually make the single pulleys and sell them. I leave the pulley off and the best way is the large and wide idler pulley. The more exact the less belt wear...

I did see a pic of one you are selling, which is what I am looking for. So All I wanted to do was cut the extra stuff off my 2 pulley bracket & weld on a piece of flat stock in the right (or as close as I can) spot. Then put the idler pulley on. I saw one this summer & measured it, but lost my dimensions. I guess I will try it your way, but from memory I think the flat stock was around 4 3/4" long. Is that close. Thanks

Thats where I am trying to explain. I see that pulley to the left and all the way to dead center. There is some play and if you are mating it to the blower I would line it up as best you can. You also have a 7000 series so you would either need to bend the idler tab or weld a second ear on it to give it the right angle. Also the belt should be smaller then the factory 147 inch belt... Check the search function. There are many (all) who are smarter then me about these things...:D

I Think you are saying the pulley will be at an angle left to center? So I will try to get it lined up. I searched the belt & saw 1666798 Length 147.1" on a couple posts, you think the belt should be shorter. The brackets you are selling have a tab that looks strait with a little offset on them, would they fit? Thanks

Your tractor is a 7119. The belt that is a 147.1" long is for a 7100 series tractor. That is the belt that you need. I have converted several of the two pulley hitches used on the 700 and 7000 series in the past to a single pulley hitch to be used on a 7100 series tractor. The belt above is the correct belt. The pictures show the measurements. The angle of the tab that the pulley is on is 5 degrees. The ones that I converted or made I put the hitch on the tractor hook up the blower and belt and tack welded the tab in place to make sure everything lined up right, like Burntime mentioned.

Are you trying to use your 2 pulley hitch as a single pulley? If you are, dont. you will destroy the belt. I have done it. Your best bet is to buy the hitch from Simplicity, and the pulley and bolt, washer and nut. The hitch is around $108.00 they were $99.00, and puley is $25.00 and the belt stop is $2.00, and belt is $56.00. Or I think there was someone from the club is making the single hitches from an orignial one. Ryan-WI Allis Chalmers 916H Allis Chalmers 917H Deutz Allis 1920H Simplicity 7114S

quote:
Originally posted by ardisam
Are you trying to use your 2 pulley hitch as a single pulley? If you are, dont. you will destroy the belt. I have done it. Your best bet is to buy the hitch from Simplicity, and the pulley and bolt, washer and nut. The hitch is around $108.00 they were $99.00, and pulley is $25.00 and the belt stop is $2.00, and belt is $56.00. Or I think there was someone from the club is making the single hitches from an original one. Ryan-WI Allis Chalmers 916H Allis Chalmers 917H Deutz Allis 1920H Simplicity 7114S
I used a two pulley style hitch from a 7000 series to convert to a 7100 series single pulley and had no problems. You must have had a bad pulley or been off on belt alignment. PaulB has one that I converted.

Thanks for the pictures That is what I needed to see. I don't think it will be a big deal to convert my hitch, a weld here & there & I will be ready to go. Thanks again