Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ebay oddity

Simpleton7016

I have a "saved search" on ebay for "Simplicity" (as well as a few for legos, adult diapers and used socks:D). I check it usually every day. Yesterday, there were approximately 380'ish items that came up under the search. Today, that search blew up to 2,200. I am certain that nothing in my search criteria changed, but as I scanned through them, there were an awful lot of "buy it now" option items that I don't recall seeing in the past. Anyone else notice this?

Nope, all my saved searchs have to do with scopes, and a.r.m.s. rails. I just type in the search when I think of it a few days a week...

When searching ebay, you can put a minus (-) before words you don't want included. There is also a sewing company called simplicity that makes clothes patterns, so I use the "-" to exclude it too...something like SEARCH: Simplicity -belt -pattern -toy -sunstar -broadmoor etc. With that search string, it would search simplicity and omit any listing with "belt" "pattern" "broadmmor" etc. in the title. You don't want to use that method if you're doing the "search descriptions" check box, in case there is something in the description like "tractor is mint, needs SG belt." You'll miss the mint tractor missing a belt. Also, you may find yourself omitting things like -dress, -pants, -scarf etc. because of that sewing company. Not to mention plurals, like belt AND belts But the "-" can be used to filter out anything you don't want.

I search for garden tractors of all kinds within a 100 to 150 mile radius. Lately there has been a JD dealer that takes up 2 or 3 pages with belts and maintenance kits.