Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3416h sovereign

anytractorman

Welcomee to the club Pat!^ I have a 3416H too and she's my best tractor! These 3400 series are tanks:D! Here is mine!

This was about early November 2008.

I'll be fooling with it in the next few days or so, Try to figure out what the electrical prob is. needs a few things but I will sort it out as I go.

Looks like someone switched out your transmission at onepoint in its life. thats a sunstrand trans in it now it looks like. it should have a vickers hydro in it. ill have to get a picture of my trans for you.

Welcome Pat from another Colchester resident. Nice rig you found there. Looks like you have a carb shield on it. That's a great find in and of itself.

yes yours looks to be a sunstrand hydro trans. the vickers was only used for a few years the 3416h's came stock with it.

Hi Jim, Since your'e in Colchester. I'm new with this tractor if you could give me some tips on this machine I would be grateful. pat

Ok looking and searching I guess its a suntrand trans! No mater It's still a cool old simplicty. And I like it a lot more than the 6216 I had before.

Hi, You will never regret getting a soveriegn, they are tanks and someone already switched it over to the sunstrand hydro which is a good thing, you can easily add a hydro lift to it. Having had mine since 1978, I found that if left outside for any length of time the engine would not start, try pulling out the capacitor and take it to napa for a replacement, put it in then crank the engine you should see spark at the points. Welcome to the besr tractor site on the web

quote:
Originally posted by anytractorman
Hi Jim, Since your'e in Colchester. I'm new with this tractor if you could give me some tips on this machine I would be grateful.
pat I'll help you the best I can, but I'm about as familiar as you are with the hydro trannys. I got my first hydro a little over a month ago. On another issue--have you been to any of the tractor-farm-engine shows at the Zagray Farm? They have three a year and at least some of the club members in the area/region meet up there. If you haven't been you'll have to stop by next year. --Jim

RedbarnRick, Thanks for the tip! Jim, I have been to Zagrays this year, good shows,I like the Machine Shop!

The mower shold be a left hand discharge deck, either 42" or 48" from a large frame tractor: 3400, 7000, or 7100 series should work.

I have a 48 in good condition but I'm in Illinois 60 mile SW of Chicago,3 sets of blades and a new roller bar.

Was the double pulley deck a 48" or a 42? Can you get the mfr# off the deck, its possible that if its a 48" it will still clear the running boards correctly and you can either change out the center arbor for a later one or put the later style single "v" pulley on it.

RedbarnRick, Thanks for the offer but I can't imagine what the shipping would be. Chris727, The deck is a 48" I don't know the number but I will see if I can get it. Again, Thanks for the quick replys pat