Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4x4 Loader

cwm1276

Love that idea. Still dreaming of doing that with a pretty rough B-112 I picked up in pieces few years ago. Be perfect for blowing snow on my circle forming driveways.

Hard to tell, but it looks like it articulates to steer, angling the entire front end. Also looks like they've tried to counterweight it by moving the engine to the rear, ala a Gravely. Wonder if it has a driveshaft driving a "flipped" transaxle underneath there. I'd definitely like to see the frame and running gear underneath that thing! Neat find! Owning a 4WD PowerTrac articulating loader/tool carrier, I certainly don't understand why other US manufacturers don't go after this market. They're sooooooooo much better than a little skidsteer! Gehl sold a European made Avante for while, calling it a Gehl Advantage, but they've discontinued it. If you could find a quality-built machine (my PowerTrac is CRUDE but incredibly useful) that used the mini-skidsteer quick attach like the Toro Dingo and other stand-on mini-skids, it would be an great homeowner/small property owner machine. Ditch Witch has introduced one, but like all of their other commercial products, it is very high dollar...

looks to be similar to my old pasquali tractor. looks cool. I was trying to figure out the drive arrangement also

working on a deal any thoughts? Is it just a novelty? I would not put it to hard use. Could I paint it Orange?

Kent, Are you aware of Ventrac tracors. I believe this tractor has some of the features you mentioned. As I understand it all of their tractors are articulating tractors. I don't know how the attachments are attached to the tractor. I don't know if it uses a quick attachment plate or not. There is a local shop in my area that carries them, maybe I need to stop in and take a better look. www.ventrac.com Rick.........

Yes, I'm aware of Ventracs and Steiners (which can interchange some, if not all attachments). They don't use a "standard" quick attach, unless that's changed recently. Both are hydraulically driven articulating 4WD machines. They don't really have anything heavier duty than a yard/garden tractor, using Simplicity descriptions. They're so small and short that their wheelbase limits what they can do, though they work pretty darned well on slopes. They're both also quite expensive, though they appear to be pretty good quality. They're not as heavy duty as my Power Trac, which I don't consider truly "commercial grade" -- more like landscaper or rental equipment company quality. Power Tracs aren't built to Bobcat standards, for example. But, they're not priced that way either. Last I checked, you could get a new 25HP Power Trac with built-in loader for about $11K -- i.e. very price competitive with a Kubota BX, for example. I luckily found a low hours (250) used package for about 1/2 the cost of new.

this tractor is fairly close to me and it looks cool...i am just wanting to go look at it to see, how the heck it works????

quote:
Originally posted by sbull78
this tractor is fairly close to me and it looks cool...i am just wanting to go look at it to see, how the heck it works????
I'm In Stillman Valley, I did not know of any other one in the near area here. There was a guy from Oregon, but I have not seen him here for while.