Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

Theres no accounting for stupidity

SmilinSam
Was running the frame mount vac tonight on the 712S and was having a good time vaccing up leaves. After about the 8th dump out I moved to the inner yard around the house. Was tooling around for around 5 minutes and it seemed the vac wasnt working right, seemed like I wasnt getting much vacced up. Turned around to see I'd left the bag unzippedOOB)XX( When you do that you end up mulching the leaves and re-depositing them behind the tractor instead of vaccing.:O8 Whats Forrest say? "Stupid is as Stupid does":D

Scott Salmons
Don't feel bad, I made a pass after dumping and and forgot to engage the mower deck! Makes you look around to see if anyone saw you.

CleanBee
Bob, loose oil pan plug?? I remember when I was first dating my wife, doing an oil change on her car. I worked at a garage for about 7 years by then and was pretty savvy. Anyhow, chatting away I drained the oil, changed the filter, lubed, checked the tires... Lowered the lift and pumped 5 quarts of new oil in... all along talking and somewhat flirting. I pulled the dip stick out and, umm, notta. Boy did I look smart. Lucky I had my good looks to fall back on:D It happens to all of us. Dan

Mike
My favorite is when I mow by my pine trees and the branches will catch the lift lever and lift the deck, and I won't notice for about 5 or 6 long passes.

toomanytractors
When I pull any of the above stunts I can't wait to tell all the guys so we all can have a laugh!! One of the best was when my brother was rolling his yard and was looking back watching the roller and drove his Crapsman into the only tree he had. Of course, he had to look around to see if anyone was watching and there was his wife watching out the window laughing her head off!