Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

900 Series Center PTO

Les

You must have a very early tractor as only the first year 900s used the same front mount SB PTO as the 700 series you could weld on an ear you have the other pto arm to copy.

I have two 900 series tractors. The center PTO on one does not have the second "ear" to move the idler pulley to run the snowblower. Apparently this feature was added midway through 900/7100 series production. Could you just weld a new ear on?

On your 900 that does NOT have the 2nd ear, are both idler pulleys attached to the pto arm? How about your other 900 that DOES have 2 ears, is one idler pulley attached to the frame instead of the pto arm?

Dutch, I have never seen an idler pulley attached to the frame of the trator. On the tiller drive there is an extra idler pulley which mounts on the back of the tractor.

Hi, I believe that all of the 900/7100 should have the front pulley on the center PTO mounted in a slot in the tractor frame. This pulley is moved forward or backward to tension the belt. There is a red and green decal behind the rear pulley arm. The front pulley is moved to position the arm in the center of the green triangle when the tensioner is tightened. The 700/3400/7000 [short frame] tractor have both idler pulleys on a common pivot shaft and that is why is is a problem to drive a HEAVY load like a snowthrower from the center PTO on these tractors. On the 7100/900s the fixed problem solves this as the tension is on the slack side of the belt and the loak pulls against a fixed pulley. My 2 cents worth and its free value accordingly. Happy New Year. Al

Les, I never actually saw one either. I'm just going by the Simplicity manual. On some 7100/900 models, it sure looks like the "Back" idler is attached to the pivot arm, and the "V" idler is attached to a bracket on the frame. Sorry, just trying to help. Happy New Year. Herb................. http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/snohitch/arm.jpg