Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Obvious

New AC 410 owner with question

Mr_Obvious
I recently picked up what seems to be an AC 410 in pretty decent running condition. No attachments but with a 42" deck in decent shape as well. However I had a couple of questions so I joined this site to get some info on my new toy. 1. Decals are gones so is there a stamp in the metal anywhere to identify the model? Only # I can see is the Engine Serial # which translates to 1973 as year. 2. I needed replacement mower blades and can't find the correct ones. Mine are about 15" long with the 3 holes. However the center hole is only around 3/8 inch diameter and the 2 side holes are 1/2 inch diameter. Also the outer holes are about 1.63 inches on center. Any replacements I can find have the bigger center hole and the outers are much farther apart. Would like to get exact matches before try to modify ones that are not the correct ones. Thanks Mark

sammiefish
Can you post any pictures? Which transmission... 3 speed or shuttle? http://simpletractors.com/models/400_series/ac_416_410..htm http://simpletractors.com/Main/AC_models.htm

PhanDad
Assuming your deck is stock as pictured in the above link, you deck should be the same as my A/C mfg Homelite - low profile, right hand discharge:

The blade part number is 1607536; the blade measures 15 3/16" long, has a 7/8" center hole and two 7/16" side holes 2 9/16" center to center. The blade mounts with a single bolt thru the center hole with a shouldered washer. Pics of the arbor housing and arbor:

I have an electronic copy of the parts and operating manual for the above A/C mfg Homelite 42" and 48" decks. If you want a copy, send me a email.

Mr_Obvious
Thanks for the replies. It is the plain 3 speed and reverse (no shuttle). The blade info you gave are what I have been finding on the internet as well. My blade center hole is much smaller and the side holes are much closer together. The deck looks similar to yours but I don't have the roller underneath nor are there any brackets for one. Also the other thing is that the lift lever is not the same as in your pictures. Your lever style is what I have seen in all the pictures but my lever is different. I'll try to get some pictures up.

Simpleton7016
I have two NOS blades and a few NOS spindles for this model that I have no use for. There used to be three blades but one disappeared... I will have to take inventory, but PM me and I'll give you a deal.

Mr_Obvious
Here is a picture of one blade.

The underside of a spindle

The top of the deck showing the adjusting arm which is not like the usual ones I've seen.

Chris727
I think that is a Jacobsen-built deck, like on the old Ford LGT tractors, definitley not factory to an Allis or Simplicity. If it works you can use it but you might have to buy jacobsen blades.

Mr_Obvious
Bingo I found it on ebay. Dimensions and holes match exactly. Now I need to join a jacobsen forum as well.:D I was suspicious since the deck adjusting lever looked stock but different from the old pictures. Thanks!!!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-14-7-8-Blade-Replaces-Jacobsen-330721_W0QQitemZ260375610901QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3c9f988615