Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Simplicity85

Hi Lo Help

Simplicity85
Hey Guys, I'm having a problem getting the little set screws out of the HI Lo I can not fit my alan wrench in there I need to get it off. Do any of you know the way? Thanks 85

steve-wis
I have a set of allen wrenches with the ball drive on the long, or handle, end. I use the ball drive in the set screw, and a small piecs of pipe on the short arm to loosen them. Mine are long enough to reach. If you don't have any long enough, you can buy extra length ones individually at most places that sell tools. Steve

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by steve-wis
I have a set of allen wrenches with the ball drive on the long, or handle, end. I use the ball drive in the set screw, and a small piecs of pipe on the short arm to loosen them. Mine are long enough to reach. If you don't have any long enough, you can buy extra length ones individually at most places that sell tools. Steve
I've also clamped vice grips onto the short end used them for leverage.

ReedS
Allen bits are available as socket drive (for a ratchet) as well. You would just need to find the correct length. The size of the bit usually determines the drive size. In the size you need for the hi/lo it would most likely be a 3/8ths drive (for a 3/8ths ratchet).