Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Ronald Hribar

I now have a 4wd loder

Ronald Hribar
I took delivery today on the unit on Rockfords Craig's list. Immediately putting it to work carry yard refuse to it's finally resting grounds. Then loaded bucket with retaining wall blocks, that we use for a border around the garden. moved them as well. The machine gets a little light in the rear, especially while turning Would it be easier on machine if I put on wheel weights or a weight box ? It has power steering because of the articulating system,It is driven off the rear hydrostatic. Has slow response while moving, May have to give it it's own pump

sbull78
Awesome machine...some weights and maybe fluid in the rears might help with the loader aspect...how does it hold up...my dad has a 149 cub and it is a tank, very well built..

Ronald Hribar
too cloudy today to take good pictures of loader and how it works then I'll use excuse that I forgot how to load. I remember small size and watch description meanwhile go to 4x4 loader post in this section

Kent
Congrats! You're gonna love it. dOd To answer your question -- it's less strain on the tractor if the weight is in/on the wheels, instead of hanging from the frame. I'd suggest you load the rear tires (I recommend winter-mix WW fluid), then hang weights on them.

Ronald Hribar
I know pictures !! Been very overcast and raining, I wil;l get pictures. And I'm thinking of using the hoods off an a FDT Also have to change dash/steerin wheel, the wheeel thats is in it feels like it should be on a Power Wheel toy

Ronald Hribar
I think it is 16 hp Briggs What has OHV on two valve covers? And probably standard equipment in Cub Cadet as it has that on air cleaner

Sign in to follow this