Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tomh

Simplicity paint

tomh
I have a 3314V and a 3416H, both with original paint. Rustoleum almond appears to be a fairly close match for the 3416, but the light color on the 3314 appears to be more of a grey tone. Did Simplicity use some variations of this color, or do you thing they have just aged differently. I have looked for areas that have less exposure to the elements, but they all have the same grey color. Any thoughts on this?

Simpleton7016
SimpleTom tipped me off to the Rustoleum "Canvas White" as the best off the shelf match. I painted a few things up and I have to agree with him. It is awfully close! Menards is the only hardware store that I can find that carries that color.

Tiny
I've only seen pictures of these tractors but in seeing those the color reminds me of the old (big) Ford tractors from years gone by. That being said there is a color for that made by Valspar (Ford Tractor Gray) and it's available at Tractor Supply. Lots of guys use that color as a match for Stihl chainsaws if that's close.

Tom45
There are several Ford tractor grey paints. Dearborn gray as used on 8N tractors will be too dark. However there is a light gray that was used on wheels and fenders of the later blue tractors that might work. Tom