Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Weights

ac.d17iv

Got a pair of original 25lb inside mount weights for my 712H. Does anyone know if there is an electronic manual available for this style? Any tips a mounting them correctly? Do they just use two bolts? Also, what color should I paint these? I am thinking of AC cream/white to match the wheels...that is what the big tractors look like.

Mine are black but I have seen orange as well. I just used 2 large bolts with large washers. Use carriage bolts as the square mates to the rim. A little weight really makes the difference with chains when snow throwing!

I went with the Simplicity Powder Orange. Have seen alot of these black though. These weights are great and you can stack them. BOB

Thanks guys for all the info. What a great forum! How much weight is to much for my tires? I'll have these 25lbs on each tire, plus I was going to load my 23x10.5x12 with 8 gallons of WW fluid. I think the WW fluid will add 64lbs alone for a total of 89lbs/tire. Is that to much?