Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Saw the ad....bought it

AC_B-1Novice

It fits models 6100, 6200, and 4200 series. Includes 3 pieces: Snow blade, front hitch, and manual lift bar in orange. back of front hitch could be modified by welding to fit another model. Location: Bolivar, Ohio I made a round trip of 82 miles to buy this...I hope it was worth it the $60.00. The blade is solid, has very little rust just some bad paint. The hitch and lift rod are in very good shape.

Lots of "meat" left on that scraper bar too. Just FYI too, that as it wears down, you can flip it over so long as you do not wear it all the way down to the carriage bolts.

The picture of the blade is not a good one. It is much better than it looks. It has a small slightly bent up corner at each end of the blade where it scrapes on the ground, never saw that before. The runners look almost new. It is a very thick and heavy blade and will fit 3 of my tractors, the B1, the two landlords but not the 6216 so the ad I think was wrong. Only the B1 is runing at present. It is 10 1/4 inches between the inside edges of the mounting tabs. Thanks for the feedback guys. larry

Very nice blade, you got a good buy, the wear edge alone would cost almost what you paid for the whole blade. It will also fit your 6216 if you get the adapter mentioned in this post. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=107709

I think a very good price. I bought a blade, lift lever, and mounting frame for my Allis 810GT, and didn't get the bracket that the frame hooks to, had to fab my own. I paid more than you did. Good find!! Steve

Just a question - Does it need the adapter to fit it to the frame - All mine do and I've never seen one that doesn't(maybe new to me....) - Otherwise very nice buydOd - Chris

That looks like the blade that came on the 7790 i just bought...Heavy i just took it off today....Looks like fits large frame tractors..

You all are right. It will not fit the 6216 but does fit my B1. I may try to get an adapter as shown in the posted link by Chris727. Right now this novice is building a snow cab on my 6216 and I spent 3 days just trying to get the windshield wiper motor mounted so it would work right and I had to cut off the wiper arm and weld it to make it short enough not to hit the sides of my window. I'm glad that part is done. Now I can start on the door, rest of the windows and then the covering. Eight bolts hold it tight to the tractor and everything is made to come apart if I have to do it. I'll be glad when it is finished so I'll know that I have beat the snow that will be coming. larry