Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mongoose

B-110 ?

mongoose
Hey all, I broke the hub gear for the differential on my b-110, I found another and put it all together but.... Now it seems like I don't have limited slip? If I jack it up and turn the rear wheel one goes the opposite direction of the other????? Seems to go OK just seems to kick hard with both wheels. Thoughts?????

superbee
Quick question, when you replaced the hub gear, did you replace the large washers too, plus put a new hypo key in too? I am suspecting the outer washer has a groove worn into it from the snap ring, so the new gear is not engaging fully to the six planetary gears. Plus did you torque the outer hub bolts or set screws to 25 to 30 ft-lbs? Just am wondering. They used two different differential configurations on the B-110. My 1967 has the old style, and my 1968 is the one you'll find pictured in the Simplicity parts breakdown.

HubbardRA
You need to make sure the hub has the nylon pads in it. You then need to torque the two bolts on the hub, that provide the friction between the left and right wheels, to the required torque. I think it is 20 ft-lb. I don't have any of these, mine are all the later model types.