[img]/club2/attach/Ronald Hribar/do not like position of key.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Ronald Hribar/down pressure.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Ronald Hribar/driveshaft CV instead.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Ronald Hribar/Emblem has to go.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Ronald Hribar/Flimisy steering wheel.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Ronald Hribar/front hydro and loader pump.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Ronald Hribar/go and reverse pedal.jpg[/img]

plastikosmd
cool machine. The center connection is my only question. I see the adjustable toplink, drive shaft, and hydraulics. Is the centerlink the welded bracket with the bolt in pic 5? I guess working together with the toplink it should be reasonable. I had a pasquali, while it is a heavier machine that link takes a lot of beating, esp when there is a rotational force between the front/rear (say a single rear tire going over a rock) this is the link in a pasquali (the smallest tractor)

Ronald Hribar
yes the heavy heim joints (2) are the heart of the system your system has plenty of beef . From the looks of the new universal joint on my machine I think this is on area that will need close attention

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by plastikosmd
cool machine. The center connection is my only question. I see the adjustable toplink, drive shaft, and hydraulics. Is the centerlink the welded bracket with the bolt in pic 5? I guess working together with the toplink it should be reasonable. I had a pasquali, while it is a heavier machine that link takes a lot of beating, esp when there is a rotational force between the front/rear (say a single rear tire going over a rock) this is the link in a pasquali (the smallest tractor)[br
Scott, The center pivot looks to me like it is a combination of that bracket in picture 5 plus the toplink in picture 2. I share your concerns, and would recommend that he watch these two points closely as he begins to use it. My PowerTrac uses something similar. It has a toplink that can swivel on both ends to keep the two halves of the tractor the correct distance apart, and allow oscillation (it can twist 12 degrees) to keep all four wheels on the ground. It also has a large ball and socket on the bottom that is the main connection. You can see them in the pic below -- not crisp and clear because I cut it out of a larger pic. The big dark blue thing in the center with hoses coming out of it is simply a flexible plastic cover over the bundle of hydrualic hoses (and a few wires) that run from the front of the tractor to the engine and pumps in the rear.

These joints take a beating -- the manual calls for inspection and greasing every 8 hours of use. They have grease fittings built in, one on the bottom ball/socket, and one on each end of the toplink above it. Ron, I recommend that you keep an eye on them and all the points they mount to for signs of wear, bending or stress cracks. On the PT, the bottom joint handles most of the stress from pulling or pushing, but the toplink takes most of the stress of loader operation pushing and pulling on it as the front wheels act like the fulcrum of a lever. I'd just recommend you take it easy on the machine when you first put it into use until you've learned its quirks. (It may have been built mostly for show!) Hydraulics are EXTREMELY powerful, and can bend or break things like you'd never imagine. Just looking at the construction, I'd say your bottom connections might be the most vulnerable. All the more reason not to hang weight off the rear frame, but put it down on the wheels instead -- this will tend to put the stress on the toplink and not the bottom connections. Signs of potential problems (in addition to visual inspection) would be rocking/bucking you can feel between the two halves of the machine as you go over rough ground, especially with weight in the bucket. Another would be "slack" you might feel moving back/forth when using the loader. To envision this, picture the force being applied to the front edge of the loader bucket being transferred to the back half of the tractor, with the front wheels as the pivot point or fulcrum of the lever. Assuming it holds up, I think you'll be amazed at its maneuverability and power for such a small machine! Nice machine! Thanks for all the pics!

plastikosmd
as far as i am concerned, that cub is money in the bank. you keep it clean and it will sell for whatver u spent on it or more. that was not my pasquali pic..i cant find mine. Mine, while it had a strong link, had only manual steering. When that was combined with the large tires..and you hit a rut in the lawn you were at risk for breaking your wrists. No way would you put your hands inside the steering wheel. Thanks for the PT pics. The PT seems to be well build in this area also. Ron, just keep an eye on it. It would be no big deal to weld up a heavier connection if needed, heck all the hard parts are done! Enjoy your machine and show us what she can do at work!

Ronald Hribar
My lawn is pretty smooth, no big rocks. Driveway is concrete. so I think I will be playing on a pretty level field. I will watch the center section probably vunerable like the BFG section of the Simplicities with a loader

MPH
Think all the pics are loading now, takes a few times on dial-up for them all to show. Don't see one of what is under the front hood, why the engine in the rear?

Ronald Hribar
MPH pictures 2 and 20 are under the hood I'm thinking he did that to put weight on back wheels. And you can see right in ftont of the tractor. I also got a busness card along with the tractor of the builder Kelly and Minerva Birkey Paxton , IL 60957 phone # 217 379 3909 I was told they have built many variations of Cub Cadets. Card shows a Steiger type tractor

Ronald Hribar
Yes it was posted from Craigslist-Rockford. Caught my eye and now it is mine. Was thinking of getting a Legacy and loader, but $$$$ scared me off. This was even trade for ATV that I won from Nick's fire department in New York. So in reality it cost me $5.00

Sign in to follow this