Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

legacy or sunstar mower deck

ikipp

Anyone know if a 60" legacy mower deck will fit a sunstar. i'm looking for a used 60" deck for my sunstar. Will buy out right or trade my 48" deck plus cash.

I believe the legacy and sunstar decks are different, but anything is possible. I know a dealer that has a 60" sunstar deck for sale in Michigan. The deck looked in excellent shape. Just type into Google Deer Creek Sales Inc. Williamston,MI. He has a used equipment tab and I think it shows a picture. He is asking $800 but he may take less. Easy to deal with. Hope all works out.

I think the first Legacy decks were the same as the Sunstar except for the anti scalp wheels on the front corner being able to turn 90 deg. to help in sliding the deck out from under the tractor. This being said, I've never put the two together and checked them out. I bet Al would know, maybe he will chime in.

The Legacy driveshaft is driven from the transaxle in the rear. The Sunstar is driven from the front, off the back of the engine. I don't know if you could unbolt the gearbox and spin it around. There also may be a difference in drive speeds. The Legacy drives at 2000 rpm out of the transaxle.