Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
xenon172

Why 1985

xenon172
I'm sure this has been asked and answered a bunch of times but why is this site primarily interested in tractors 1985 and older? Obviously something changed in 85 but what?

Kent
The reason Simple trACtors is focused on primarily 1985 and earlier is because that is when Simplicity began copyrighting all their printed materials. Prior to that time, I'm free to use them as I'd like. After that time, I have to get permission to use any printed materials, or I'm in violation of their copyright. There's a few things that are newer that Simplicity provided me -- like the model identification charts, and the lubrication charts, but not much more... Even so, I had to get their legal department to write the disclaimer that's on the main page of Simple trACtors, clearly stating that they're not responsible for any information provided.

xenon172
Thanks for the answer Kent. A little different from what I expected since other groups have more dramatic stories like when IH sold off Cub Cadet or Toro bought out Wheel Horse. Still it makes total sense.