Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

410 muffler

Mr_Obvious

My 410 has a straight pipe out the left front with a muffler on the end. Seems the original muffler may have been behind the grill? Any one have some info, pictures or links to the original muffler? Thanks

Your original muffler would be a Kohler part. Original Simplicity part# is 1601863 for 10hp engines. It may be the same as the ones used on many cub cadets, it basically looks like the one at this auction, I cannot gaurantee it is the exact one you need, nor am I recommending that seller, just using it as an example. There are tons of these on ebay. Can be had often for $20-$30 maybe less as they are also available aftermarket. There is also an exhaust elbow that you will probably need. I believe the 10-14hp use the same muffler elbow, the 16hp uses a larger elbow Does your engine still have the large heat sheild exentending behind the grill to over the engine? I have a 416 but its at home and I'm a week from being back to snap a pic. http://cgi.ebay.com/Muffler-for-Cub-Cadet-122-123-124-125-149-Kohler-engine_W0QQitemZ390101840452QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5ad3e1b244 Do you have the parts manual for your 410? If you type your mfr# into the site for manuals it should be available.

Hi, I happened across some pics I already had on my computer from back when I installed the engine. It kind of shows the muffler, though I did not have the heat shield installed yet.

Thanks, Just the info I needed. No my front/top heat shield is absent. Would the muffler sitting right on top of the clutch cause the clutch to go out faster? Just contemplating leaving it the way it is with the heat and exhaust dumped out the left side versus going back to original as shown in the pics. Only reason is that new clutches are unavailable and mine is working good so far. Thanks