Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
LesH

Trac Vac engine troubles..........................

LesH
My Trac Vac has the Briggs 5 HP gas engine with the Pulsa Jet style carburetor (the one that has the gas tank mounted under the carburetor and has the little fuel pump mounted on the side of the carburetor with 4 little screws). The engine starts and runs fine when it is still, but when I start to move the engine seems to hunt back and forth and quit, kind of like a float type carburetor with a bad float adjustment.... I have-- -- replaced the fuel pump -- replaced the carb to tank gasket -- cleaned out the gas tank -- cleaned the carb out and blew ot the fuel pickup tubes -- removed and cleaned the fixed jet -- added new gasoline -- added new carb to block gasket -- adjusted the needle valve while engine is running -- linkage is not binding Am I missing something??

steve-wis
Maybe it isn't the carb, but the governor giving you the trouble? I would check governor when it is running and sitting still, see if when you push it in either direction there is resistance and if it immediately centers back to where it needs to be. Steve