Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Johnson loader on Sunstar

acfarmer

Well I finally got my hands on a small Johnson loader and I want to mount it on a 20HP Sunstar.It came off a bolens so I'll be fabracating the brackets on the tractor.Any tips or things to look out for?

Having just put a loader on an Allis similar to yours, I can tell that you need to decide now if your ever going to use the mower deck with the loader attached. Without the mower deck the install should be easy. If your planning to use the deck it gets much more complicated. Good luck, Chris
  • Like 1

Thanks, this is going to be a loader tractor and I'll never mow with it.Thinking of maybe welding pretty heavy channel to the underside of the frame and let it stick out on both sides and then sit the loader frame on it.

We used a rectangle tube and welded tabs onto it that just slid up inside the frame. Then drilled the tab to match holes that were already in the frame. Take out four bolts and the subframe drops out from under the tractor. Easy to do and makes it easy to service things when needed. Check the pump rotation before deciding where your are going to mount the pump. Chris

Thanks again.Since this is an older loader I was thinking of buying a new pump for it and mounting on the front side of the front PTO any suggestions on a good pump and drive adapter?

I used a Love Joy coupler and a PTO coupler to install my pump. Easy to do and solves any minor alignment problems. Also makes it easy to remove and install the pump when needed. This picture happens to be on another installation that I did but I used the same comination on the Allis 1918. Chris

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

Comet66

i have a loader the same as in the manual you have .  I have tried to find a manual online but could never find one.  Do you know where to find it online please Best Regards, Colin 

• 3 years later...
On 11/4/2009 at 12:35 PM, comet66 said:

This might help a little.

File0001.jpg

File0002.jpg

Does anybody have a detailed spec sheet of these subframes. In search of the front one at least! 
Thanks guys in advance!

Does anybody have a detailed spec sheet of these subframes. In search of the front one at least! 
Thanks guys in advance!

No spec sheet but I have both mounts, uninstalled.  Isn't DeMotte just off I-65 in the northlands?

9 hours ago, CarlH said:

No spec sheet but I have both mounts, uninstalled.  Isn't DeMotte just off I-65 in the northlands?

Yes I’m literally 1 country block from the exit.

9 hours ago, CarlH said:

I emailed a loader manual

9 hours ago, CarlH said:

I emailed a loader manual

Got it thank you very much. If your driving by this week and you could swing by I could make a couple templates and my local welding shop could cut them out dirt cheap. 

CarlH would it be possible to get some pics of those subframes and maybe even a pic of them mounted. I’m trying to come up with a way to make this a quick connect loader.  
thanks. By the way.