Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

look what my wife found

MunK

My wife has been asking/searching for a tractor project for this winter. She discovered this one for sale local and decided we should drag it home so we did. Now to find a engine for it.
[img]http://www.retrofarms.net/MF/nub1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.retrofarms.net/MF/nub2.jpg[/img]
I think it will be a fun project for her to cut her teeth on while I swap the Yanmar into the Powermax Norm

Massey Ferguson Executive made by MotoMower, nice find, even has a sleeve hitch. The original engine was an 8hp kohler, I believe.

Yes it's a MF Executive and it was built by Dura Corporation in 1964. According to everything we have read/learned about it (which isn't much) it does sound like a 8hp Kohler was the original engine. My wife has been all over the net already looking for sources for parts, it looks like it might be interesting to find stickers and the missing battery cover. She's got all winter. We have the deck for it also, and her plan is to make this her "ditch mower" as the Exmark and the Powermax have too large a deck to properly cut the ditch. anyone have any leads on a running complete 8-10hp Kohler? Norm

That's a cool one! Your wife's got a good eye.;) Should be a fun one to get going, the sleeve hitch is a nice option to have.

Great find good wife. I would have to put a smile in the grille. Love the tires. Those old vintage are my favorite tread design. BOB

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Old lawn tractors is a bit of a new hobby for myself and my better half. We have owned a AC 620 and a Powrmax now for a few years. The constant problems on both this last summer caused me to get very frustrated with an almost weekly repair on something, when all I wanted to do was mow the lawn and relax. Then our main mower a JD 455 decided to have a complete and expensive deck/hydraulic drive failure all in the same week. I put them all in the shed and declared 3.5 acres of lawn could be gravel for all I cared. My wifes solution to this problem was to purchase a brand new Exmark and give me a lecture on how those old tractors I liked so much need to be restored so they make me smile, not throw things and consider scrapping them. So here we are...back having fun, she's a saint I swear. Norm