Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

blade/plow find

onebadfish

Found this in a local craigs list ad, It has a "change from the seat option" which I have never seen but pretty nifty. Thehitch has been welded on to fit a 7100 but I am overall pretty happy with it. It will be worked this winter no doubt.

Nice find on the heavy duty trip blade. They weigh a lot more then the snow blades but it sure is nice to switch angles from the drivers seat.

Having a spring trip on the blade is a very nice feature, as I have almost launched myself over a steering wheel on at least one occasion after hitting something that was frozen solid. Nice find!

Nice blade, looks like you might want to replace the wear edge soon, its getting close. When I got my trip blade someone had already worn it past the carriage bolts:(

I got some quarter inch steel and cut my own holes and added the new wear edge. It may have been a little thicker...5 bucks and set...

Nice score! Newbee question: How does the angle adjust work? I see the linkage and bell crank, so it looks like you would twist the rod to latch/unlatch and push/pull the same rod to pivot the blade. Is that right? Other rod is the standard lift rod?

Good advice I noticed a few of the bolts are already damaged..is this somethign I can get new from Simplicity..or better to fab a new one?
quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
Nice blade, looks like you might want to replace the wear edge soon, its getting close. When I got my trip blade someone had already worn it past the carriage bolts:(

I may try that, can you tell me the dimensions of the wear edge you cut? Mainly how tall a piece of 1/4 did you use? I am thinking maybe 1.5 inches to 2 inches? Thanks.
quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
I got some quarter inch steel and cut my own holes and added the new wear edge. It may have been a little thicker...5 bucks and set...

Vassal I haven't figured that out yet, will be mounting it to a 7114h later today. The one rod is the standard lift rod, looks same as my rod for the snowblower lift. The other I need to investiagte, unless a more learned member here knwos the answer already. I was told by the PO that I need to rig up some type of bracket that will hold the blade angel adjustment rod up...hoping to find the real parts if available to hold that rod in place so its not bouncing around. I need to get a welder and learn to weld... I iwll update with pictures of it mounted later today.
quote:
Originally posted by Vassal
Nice score! Newbee question: How does the angle adjust work? I see the linkage and bell crank, so it looks like you would twist the rod to latch/unlatch and push/pull the same rod to pivot the blade. Is that right? Other rod is the standard lift rod?

Technical Tips & Articles Control Rod 46" Remote angle Spring Trip Plow http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76979 The rod and universal joint end are still available from simplicity. The bracket is just an L shaped bracket with two holes One ¼" for the side panel bolt to hold it on and one 7/16" x 3/4" for the rod to go though to hold it.

[img]/club2/attach/UCD/46inPlowAngleControlRod1.jpg[/img] Another idea would be to use a cheap ½" drive universal from a socket set. Pop the detent ball out of square drive male end and drill a ¼" hole though it and weld the control rod handle into the female end of the universal. It would be alot cheaper than the OEM joint.

Always wondered how those worked. Thanks Maynard for the great pics and explanation. Also the suggestion on using a swizzle socket. Dan

Thanks all for the info, it mounted up nice and easy. Thanks for the detailed pics that will help alot. It is a little stiff so soaking now in wd40, very heavy blade but looks like it will do the job. My 7114h has electric lift, its seems to be much slowwweeerrr than my hyraulic on the 7117 is this normal?

The electric lift on my 3314 is a lot slower then the hydro on the '64 LL. For an angle turning rod support I just used a 5/16 'I' bolt mounted in one of the holes in the firewall where the side shields are suppose to mount. Opened up the round loop just enough for the rod to pop into.

Thanks for the info, would love to see a pic if you can provide? It is mounted and works great, everything freed up after a good soaking of wd40. I used a worm gear clamp to hold the angle adjusting rod loosly to the lift rod, will work for now till I get time to make a proper bracket or use your idea, whats an "I " bolt? Had to include a pic and admit my guilt here..haha..I hate to ham and egg things but getting ready to move and dont have the time to make the bracket etc. so the hose clamp will have to work till we get settled in new place...

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
The electric lift on my 3314 is a lot slower then the hydro on the '64 LL. For an angle turning rod support I just used a 5/16 'I' bolt mounted in one of the holes in the firewall where the side shields are suppose to mount. Opened up the round loop just enough for the rod to pop into.

An I bolt is what your trip springs are attached too. I tried to get a pic of mine, a little blurred, batteries too weak for a flash, but I see I actually did it different then I thought, I mounted a bracket to the tractor and the I bolt to it. I think a long enough I bolt to clear the S/G would work though, most likely I didn't have one laying around. Think the reason I went with the I bolt was so I could remove the blade without needing a wrench to remove the bracket. Been a few years since I did that.

Dont forget your counterweight when you use that blade. Even when you have a power lift system it makes the float mode a lot easier. I run about 60 pounds on the rear end for it. So much more civilized to use finger force to move it. 8D

Sorry to sound ignorant butwhat does float mode mean? I have no weight on the back of this one...may need to look at that..you mean to adjust angle is easier if rear has some counter weight on it?
quote:
Originally posted by dentwizz
Dont forget your counterweight when you use that blade. Even when you have a power lift system it makes the float mode a lot easier. I run about 60 pounds on the rear end for it. So much more civilized to use finger force to move it. 8D

nice find. i still have to find a hitch for mine that is for the later styles so i can put it on my 3416H. i have the early bracket for it and its on my b110 at the moment.

Great looking blade. I picked one up over the summer and am anxious to use it this winter. Mine looks just like yours, except it is all black. Did they make them both colors? I'd like to repaint mine at some point.

I am sure someone here can answer your question about color. I have a snow thrower that is black and would like to paint it to match everything else here which is orange. When I bought this blade the PO also had a black simplicity blade but it was the lighter non trip model, I took this one because of the trip and it has the adjust from the seat feature which seems very handy. Tim
quote:
Originally posted by ac.d17iv
Great looking blade. I picked one up over the summer and am anxious to use it this winter. Mine looks just like yours, except it is all black. Did they make them both colors? I'd like to repaint mine at some point.

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
Depending on year and brand they came in Yellow, Red/orange, White and black.
But not Green LOL :D:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Darl Swartz
    • Bill725
    • BLT
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts