Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

barn tractor w/fel

anytractorman

Wow!! Early(63-64)B-10 with what appears to be an L-10 loader in decent shape!!! Is he going to do something with it or maybe it has sentimental value? Such a waste to just let it sit. Larry

No he bought it to fix it up? he said, but there is so much stuff around his place that he bought to fix up it's crazysm00

It won't be for sale, until the barn falls down on it, and demolishes the tractor. Then he will gladly sell it for 3x what it's worth now..... Been there, done that, many times.....

quote:
I think that is the first later style L10 I've ever seen. A rare find
Dan just loves to grind that salt just a little deeper into your wound!:O

quote:
Originally posted by Willy
Waite til some time when he isn't home,then buy it from his wife. }:)}:)
Damn Willy.....Now I'm scared to ever leave the property. I might come home to find an empty shop.

Boy, what a shame to let that machine sit and possibly get demolished by the barn. I would stop by weekly to chat with him and try to get on his good side. Maybe you can get him to let you store it for him until he can work on it or maybe he will forget about it.

i would have to say '63 b-10 from the pic and yes that's a nice tractor and a well used bucket. and looks like all original even the paint.

It's a 1964 early B-10. The B-1 was retired in 63 and replaced by the redesigned body style and 23D 9hp in 64. The owner is like many I've encountered. What he's got is gold and what you have is junk. He probably got it for next to nothing, so he won't be out much if the barn falls in around it. A damn shame if you ask me.

I saw the guy today at the grocery store,I asked him about the tractor and he said "it's not for sale stop asking me" I said sorry about asking about it. have a nice day see you around. I may have pissed him off I think,we'll see I guess.

I was trying to buy a 1955 Barbour Boat from a guy who had it laying on the ground(its wood),he said no way,he was going to restore it,quit asking about it. I gave up on it in my heart even though at the time I thought I couldn't live without it. 3 Months later my Cousin called me and said the guys dog fell out of a truck and needed a lot of Vet care,the guy needed 150 bucks cash FAST.He got it. He couldn't find the Title when I went to pick it up, that cost me 2 bottles of Crown Royal a Month later. The boat sits in its on shed behind my house,perfectly restored.

• 2 weeks later...
what if it were to accidentaly dissappear in the dark...i'm not saying, just saying...i did happen to see some "strangers" in the area...u wouldn't have a guilty concious because u are doing a favor...sort of..lol..jk!!!!to bad to see it sit like that, pretty decent shape too!!!

Did he say if he uses it or anything? It doesn't look like there is a bunch of stuff on it or anything like that. Its his and he has ever right to do what he wants with it, maybe he has plans for it or something, who knows. Its not like he's a bad person for having it in a crappy barn. I guess just leave your info with him and let him know you are interested in buying it and maybe stop by every once and a while and see if its still there.

I'm with Mark on this one. I look at it this way, it's still together so he has to be better than the guys that would immediately part it out just for profit. Who knows, he could start using it tomorrow?

Well I would never go there uninvited, you know what I mean! And he has had this where it is for years it's not going anywhere.The yard looks worse than the barn,and this is the clean side of the barn.He is still POed at me for asking about it more than twice.He made himself clear to me,no more going in the barn!

• 3 weeks later...
Well I saw the guy last night and I mentioned if the barn was holding up ok? He told me to mind my own business and leave him alone! So I wished him Merry Christmas and left it at that.