Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Knockoff Rear Ball Hitch

Roy

Pictures are of a knockoff Simplicity/AC rear ball hitch I made. Took them before finishing the welding as a final check for fit on my B-1. Ball Hitch:

Finished the welding. Now to clean it up and paint it. Note that this ball hitch will not fit newer models with a hydrostatic transmission due to differences in the hitch uprights. My "thanks" to Burntime for providing the dimensions. :)

Nice hitch Roy. You do good work. It looks like something I need to make for my Big10. Could you pass on the dimensions you got from Burntime please so I can attempt one? Also does anyone have dimensions for a sleeve hitch adaptor so I can make one for my plow?

Roy, looks dyn-o-mite! And now you too can pull a house! It amazes me some of the things that can be accomplished in a few hours. Any chance you are going to make up some of those adapters for the lift so the ends work together? I may need one:D

Marty, You have a sharp eye as usual. Yes, my welding has improved greatly. I actually made several good looking welds on this project. :) Erik, Will tow my 5 x 8 trailer around the yard. B10Dave, Check you PM's on this site. Mike, I'm slow. Took more than a "few hours". Talk to Rod Hubbard about a lift shaft adapter. He is the one whom makes them. Thanks all,

Oh, does anyone know the Manufacturing Number for the rear ball hitch?? Good idea Dave. Will see if I can talk her into it. ;) Thanks,

Well Roy, you get an a for this semester:D Just wait until you use it. They really make a huge difference over the little tab that comes on the tractor. I pulled a big playset on a tandem trailer, a 19 or so ft searay, 1 1/2 tons of keystone, half a cord of wood, brush, rocks, and anything else that fits on the trailer with no problems! Awesome work!