Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Poor boy's snow cab pics. Don't laugh

AC_B-1Novice

Here is my week and a half long project to keep me out of the wind. I am no fabricator so take it for what it is. Functional. I’m not a welder so I had to improvise. The wiper was the worst part. Took me a full day and a half just to get it mounted and tested. NEVER AGAIN! Pictures of the covering will follow in a few days. It might not be the greatest but at least I’ll be ready for the snow this year. I very well may have to add weight to the rear though. This is posted for your entertainment because I know it is not the normal thing to do and many here could do much better…. larry

[img]/club2/attach/AC_B-1Novice/7c.JPG[/img]

What's to laugh at. Looks like a well thought out project. I really like your wiper. What's the wall thickness of the square tubing? I also think the 6200 series of tractors are a great choice I'm still looking for a replacment for the one I sold. Thanks for the pictures! Chris

Larry, your work is certainly nothing to be ashamed of. Look's pretty darn good to me. And remember, you are the one who will be moving snow in comfort. Look forward to seeing the final product.

Laugh my rear end...I want to cry! I only wish I had the skill to pull off a fab job like that. I could really do some damage if so! What are you gonna use for the vinyl? Great work!

Heck Larry, it looks good to me! I built one once out of 1/4 inch particle board and 2X4's. Looked funny, but kept me out of the wind and blowing snow for about 10 years. Wish I had pics of that box on wheels........now that was good for a chuckle! Please post pics when you get it done! Steve

Nothing to snicker at - Wish I had that much room!! You should have plenty of heat depending on how much of the fabric covers (by the front of the foot boards) - Chris

No square tubing. It is made out of 1/2 thin wall conduit and connectors ground out to fit the curve of the thin wall. The square part is 1x 1 1/2 inch wood I cut to fit and hold the thin tarp material I would be stapleing it to. I had to do that first to get the windows mounted. The wiper was a curse but seems to work now. I had to cut off the arm and wire weld it to make it work. Pics in a couple of days. larry

Wood, who'd of thought. I had to go back and look at the picures again. That really is something.dOd Nice job. Don't forget to let us see the finished product. Chris

dOdExcellent work using materials your comfortable working with. Looks like it will serve its purpose well. Pictures please when covereddOd. Greg

It appears to me that you have done some electrical construction in the past from the look of all that fancy conduit bending. Looks great. Robert

Wow!!! Larry, You did great on the cab!!! I wouldn't put weights on the tractor. I have the same set-up you have and never got stuck with my 6218. As about haveing a heater in there..... I wouldn't do it . I get hot in my cab. Sometimes have to take off my coat. Have fun with it this winter....I know you will......Ralph sm01