Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
toyotalineman

need help

toyotalineman
I'm doing some work on a friends toro mower and it has a continental R series motor in it Model R 08. I found that the mower was built in 1982. I can not find anything on the motor far as an repair or service manual. Does anyone have any information on this. Thank you for your help. Sorry I know that this page is mainly for simplicity and allis chalmers, not toro.

toyotalineman
I think that is correct. It is in a 6 foot mower made by Toro. The only writing on the mower is Toro. I did find a ser no. of 30721-20292 on the mower. Also on the motor it has Continental R Model R08, with a spec. no. of 15202 and a ser. no. of 5006. The only other marking is a Teledyne Total Power, Memphis TN. What I need is a service manual on the motor. Motor is running very rough and need specs on it if possible. Thank you for you response.

toyotalineman
Thank you for checking but Don at Mid America Power in St, Paul, Minnesota, was able to e-mail me the operators manual and overhaul manual also. If you have the R08 motor then Don may be able to help you out. Also he may have parts that you may need. Thank you for your help and time.